𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

Isis' POV

I unlocked my car and texted Talia I was on my way and then sat for a good 2 minutes contemplating if I wanted to change outta my dress.

I ended up deciding that I did wanna change and went back in the house and turned the alarm off.

I ran upstairs and threw my phone on my bed so I wouldn't be distracted.

I rummaged through my walk-in closet and found some shorts and a cute lil graphic tee. Just then I heard my phone go off. Probably Talia fussin' me out again.

I walk over to my phone and fix my hair cause some flyaways were visible after I put my shirt on.

I looked down at my phone and saw that it was a response from Bryson.

Hey ma. Thanks. Appreciate it. That's dope though. We definitely gotta link and shit. You free this weekend?👀🤤

Ouuu hol on a second. I'm ready to risk it all.

I quickly unlocked my phone and opened Instagram and responded to him.

yes i am💗! i'm down for whatever just lemme know

I turned off my phone and tried to call Taylor, but she hit me with that automated response of "Can't talk right now."

I completely forgot she was getting some dick.

I turned the light off in my room and headed back outside after turning on the alarm once again and got situated in my car and finally texted Talia that I was on my way forreal this time.

I set up my aux and was playing some Summer Walker and reversed out the driveway and was on my way.

I tried to remain focused on the road but I was sooo damn happy.

————
Bryson's POV

I looked at Isis' response and got ready to text her back but decided I should wait a minute. Ion wanna seem desperate.

I got up from my bed and walked downstairs and saw my dukes in the kitchen making food.

"Hey ma." I sat down at the table with my phone in my hands.

"Hey baby. Wassup?" She asked while still turned to the stove.

"I need advice on sum."

My mom turned the eye down and sat down next to me. "What's wrong Bry?"

I fucking hate that nickname, but only my dukes can call me that.

"I'm tryna take this girl out ona date. Needed some ideas on what I should do."

"Is it Mercedes? I thought y'all were done."

"Nah. We been done. Ion think we was right for each other. I'm talking but Isis...Isis Ray."

My mom gasped. "Ouuu you got a thing for Isis?! I love that young lady. She's so mature and beautiful. Good choice Bry. Why you taking her out when y'all boutta go separate ways?" She got back up and went to the stove.

"Cause she going to Clark too."

"WORD?! I'm boutta arrange a marriage up in this bitch!" She starting doing the Envy Me dance. She be tryna keep up with trends and she looks young so she fits in wit em.

"Nah nah, ion think she likes me like that, but I do wanna hang with her."

"Well I'm not sure if all girls like this, but you should take her out on a picnic. Bring some snacks she likes and take her out by some water. It's old school. Just do something thoughtful. It isn't always about being fancy and spending hella money."