Chapter 18

"YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!" Jimin screamed at the wriggling boy he had pinned underneath him. He was already sporting a blue eye and Jimin had a cut lip. He was about to punch him again.

Taehyung stood by impotently, gnawing at his fingers in worry. Jimin had forbade him from stopping him. The past week had seen many such fights and arguments break out at school. Both boys had become soft targets of bullying as the news spread of the sensational trial.

Jimin had refused to back down from a fight and was now suffering the consequences. Taehyung couldn't take it any longer and he ran to get Yoongi and Hoseok. Soon the boys broke up the fight but not before the teachers got wind of it and they were all sent to the office.

Their parents were called in and Jimin was given a warning or he would be suspended for another offense.

"Jimin, we can't let our emotions dictate our actions. I thought I raised you better than this," Jungkook was disappointed, as he drove home. Jin tended to Jimin's cut lip in the back seat as Taehyung gazed out of the window lost in thought.

"Papa. With all due respect, it's not that simple. That guy was shoving TaeTae around and you know how sensitive he is, he wouldn't hurt a fly. He was just taking it! Taking all the bad stuff they were saying about you!" Jimin was angry. He couldn't stand around and watch anyone hurt his brother.

"Listen to your papa, Minie. We need you to be calm during this time or do you want the media to find out about these incidents and give Min Jee more ammunition against us?" Jin reasoned with his son.

Jimin thought about what they had said. He knew they were right but he just didn't want to accept defeat. He hated Min Jee for what she had caused. She had broken their family 16 years ago and now she was hell-bent on humiliating and separating them again.

"I'm sorry appa. I'm really sorry papa. I will control myself better from now on. I love you all so much," Jimin cried.

"Awww baby," Jin cooed, kissing the top of Jimin's head. "We love you too and your brother. You both are our world. We are going to fight this! And we need you and Taehyung to stick together with us. We have to show a united front. Okay?"

"Appa," Taehyung began quietly, "Can we go to Busan? I feel like all our answers and proof lies there. The last time Jiminie and I went there, we were able to find proof about his birth."

Jungkook and Jin thought about their sons words as Jungkook pulled into their driveway. They parked and walked into their home, hand in hand.

"Boys, come sit at the table. We need to talk about some things," Jungkook began.

They sat around the table and Jungkook started the conversation.

"We never actually asked you boys what exactly you did in Busan and how did you find that information."

Jin raised his eyebrows at his lover and held his hand, looking at the boys for an answer.

"We'd have to start at the beginning papa. Please don't be too angry at us when we're done," Jimin began.

"It's okay son. Go ahead. We won't be angry," Jin assured him.

He looked at his brother, who nodded and held his hand.

♢♢♢♢♢♢

Two impetuous boys POV

I recounted how Taehyung and I had first realised how much we loved each other. How close we felt to one another without being related. And our motives behind trying to set our fathers up. How we had hacked their messages and followed them to the cafè, only to realize that they had known each other beforehand.

They looked at us, shocked at the lengths we had gone to set them up. But didn't comment. So I continued.

I told them how we had resolved to find out about their past and had first gone to gomo for information. After learning about the Kissing Booth, we planned our trip to Busan only to come up against a brick wall until Taehyung had suggested something.

They turned to Tae.

"I told Jiminie that we were going about things the wrong way. If we treated the investigation as a class assessment we would be able to gather more information. He agreed and we set up a group assignment like how we would at school. In my mind, students are the best researchers and information gatherers."

Our parents looked at Taehyung impressively. If they were upset with our interfering before, they hadn't shown it. But now, they were clearly proud of their sons.

"The best place for information, besides the internet, is a local library. So we went there but we didn't have our student cards so the information desk guy told us to get our birth certificate and we would be able to get a temporary card. I asked mother and she gave me mine."

Our parents exchanged a look. But still refrained from commenting.

"The next day we went back and the librarian took one look at the document and said it was a fake. We were shocked. We didn't understand what he meant until he told us he was a bouncer in his previous life and had seen many fake IDs in his time to know the difference. He suggested we go to the hospital and get a copy of a record of birth."

I was tired of talking so Taehyung continued.

"The librarian accompanied us on his break to Busan City Hospital and spoke to a friend of his there. It didn't take long for his friend to find the record. That's when we discovered that Min Jee was not his mom and his date of birth was incorrect. The fake birth certificate was reflected as 13th October but the hospital records came up as 30th December. It was the same birthdate as mine."

Jungkook looked up at that. "Min Jee said that she would tell everyone that Jimin was premature that's why she didn't show her pregnancy for long. It would make his birth more believable since no one had seen her actually being pregnant. She told everyone Jimin was born in October and I went along with it."

The boys watched as their parents held on to each other for mutual comfort. Their thoughts and memories of Busan reflected in their eyes. They felt their parents pain.

"This is why we need to go back to Busan. There's more concrete information there that will help us at trial in two weeks time," Taehyung insisted.

"You're right baby," Jin said. "Your papa and I will go. You both have school still. I will get noona to stay with you while we are away. Gomo can also check up on the two of you."

The two boys looked at each other. They prayed their parents would find proof to help them win the case. They couldn't be separated. They would rather die.

************************************

The present is going back full circle. What will happen when the lovers go back to Busan? Will they confront Min Jee?

Will they find enough proof against her and save their family from being torn apart once again?

Or will she win and take Jimin away again?

Please remember to vote and leave a comment.

I purple you 💜

************************************

Love Swty 😘