Chapter 2

Jimin's POV

I've lived in Seoul for most of my life. My dad said I was actually born in Busan but I don't remember much of that place. I must have been very young when we moved here. Mom and dad had met and married there and had me. Those were probably the best days of their married life cos I sure can't remember much of those ever happening.

They divorced when I was 6. I sometimes visit mom in Busan but hardly ever. As the years went by, even her visits to me, quietened down. I really don't know what dad ever saw in her. She's an okay, if not, mostly absent mother but as a woman, she and dad were just never a good fit.

My dad's been the absolute best! I really miss him. He left on a three month training course to the U.S. last week, leaving me in the care of my gomo. She's okay but she's a chainsmoker so I usually keep out of the house till late.

My new hangout has become the Kim household. Taehyung is also usually left to his own devices as his appa works insane hours. But he has a great cook and that's basically all a growing boy really needs. ..good food.

On the fifth day of hanging out at Taehyung's, I met his appa, Kim Seokjin. He's a good looking man, who doesn't look his age at all. Kind of like my own dad, who still looks like he could be 18.

"Good day Mr Kim. I'm Jimin. It's a pleasure to meet you sir."

"Hello Jimin. Please call me ahjussi. I'm so glad Taehyung has made a good friend like you already."

Taehyung smirks from his post behind his father. And I smile easily at his father's words. I already like his well mannered father. He seems like a good man.

"So what are you boys up to today?"

"Nothing special appa. Jimin and I were just going to hang out and play some video games."

"Homework Taehyung," Taehyung's father warns.

"Aaah appa, you know me. I've already done it," Taehyung replies, sheepishly.

I watch their cute interaction and miss my own dad.

"Come on Jimin. Let's go to my room," Taehyung says and I follow him after bowing courteously to his father.

"Let's play Overwatch Jimin," he suggests.

"Yeah. Cool!" I say and watch him set up the console.

"I really miss my dad. Your appa seems cool."

"He's pretty laid back but strict with school stuff. It's a good thing I like school or we'd always be clashing then."

"Yeah true. Thanks for having me over so often TaeTae. You're a good guy."

"You're not so bad yourself Jeon Jimin."

Time skip to almost 3 months later

"TaeTae! Guess what?"

"Hey! What's up Jimin? You look so excited."

"My dad's coming back tomorrow!"

"That's fantastic Jimin. I'm so happy for you."

We were sitting in the school courtyard with Hobi and Yoongs, when an errant thought took hold of me.

"Tae? Can we go for a walk?"

"Sure. Come on, let's go check out the baseball field. I hope it's ready now."

We left the others behind and headed there at a slow walk. I peek at Taehyung through my peripheral vision and wonder how to brace the topic I'm so nervous to discuss.

"Tae? Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah. Go ahead Jimin."

"Do you like me?"

"I do Jimin. I like you a lot. Do you like me?"

"I do. Tae, can we be brothers?"

"Really Jimin? I would love that. I feel so close to you like I haven't felt like this about anyone other than my appa. I wish we were brothers."

"I wish for the same thing. But, how can we be? I mean, we both have dads. It's not like we can set them up or anything."

I think on what I just said and we both look at each other at the same time.

"Or maybe we can!" We both scream in unison.

"But I don't know if my appa likes guys though. He hasn't been with anyone besides my eomma. And after she died, he never dated."

"I'm sorry TaeTae. But I know my dad likes both men and women. He's been on several dates before but never liked someone long enough to get serious with them."

"Maybe I can find out if my appa will go out with a guy. But how do I do that?"

"Let's check Google to see what questions you can ask him without him suspecting why you're asking him."

"Good idea."

We scroll through Google on my phone and find a website that has a questionnaire of sorts. I download it to print it at home later. I'm excited and I hope our plan will work.

I know I haven't known Taehyung long but there's something about him that instantly made me feel like he was my family. These past three months we've virtually been inseparable. That's strange for me because I have lots of friends and never once thought of them that way. Like the way I feel about Taehyung. I sometimes get sad that we didn't grow up together. I feel like I was robbed of a sibling's love.

But when Taehyung moved here, all that changed. I feel so connected with him. It was almost instantaneous. And I know he feels the same about me. He too grew up alone and he feels the same strange kinship with me. I really hope we can make this work, not only for ourselves but for our parents too.

Although my dad doesn't say it, I know he feels lonely sometimes. Like me, he also needs companionship. I'm so excited for when he returns tomorrow. Taehyung and I need to come up with a plan to make them meet without them realizing what our motives are. If there's anything I've learnt about adults in general, is that they hate it when kids interfere in their lives. Doesn't mean we still won't try though.

************************************

I know these chapters seem lame right now but they're imperative to the eventual storyline. Please bear with me until they build up.

As always, I love you my swties 💖

Please remember to cast your votes and leave your comments.

BELONG will be updated tonight. And The Shop Assistant will be updated tomorrow.

I purple you 💜

************************************

Love Swty 😘