Chapter 4

Jimin's POV

Don't get me wrong. I really like Taehyung but sometimes he can be a bit dense. We were sitting in his room after my Q & A with his father. He was bitching about me being so forward and not sticking to the plan. I had had enough. If anything, he seemed,  jealous?

"The fuck Taehyung! What are you on about? I got the answers didn't I? I thought this is what you wanted!"

Taehyung sighed deeply, carding his hands through his hair in frustration.

"Jiminie....you don't understand. I feel...I feel like I didn't know my own father until today."

For the first time in Jimin's life, he was probably at a loss for words. He jumped up and hugged Taehyung close to him, moving his hair away from his face.

"Taehyung-ssi, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you. You're my brother no matter our parents get together or not."

I wiped his tears away and hugged him tighter. He held onto me and sobbed quietly into my shirt. I let him get it all out. When he was done, he looked at me and smiled.

"Thank you Jiminie. You're the best brother anyone could ever wish for."

"Of course I am," I smirked, tugging at my collar haughtily. 

Taehyung laughed at my antics. I was happy to see him smile again.

"By the way, you look ass ugly when you cry."

He reached over and smacked me lightly on my arm.

"There's only one ugly here. And that's you," he laughed.

I launched myself at him, tickling him mercilessly on the floor.

"You take that back you fucker!" I squealed, trapping him under me and tickling him until he was crying.

"Okay...okay...I'm sorry. I give up. I'm the ugliest!" He squealed.

I jumped off him and pulled him up. We collapsed on the bed, breaths heaving.

"Now tell me what's the real problem."

"Jiminie...when my mom died, I just assumed that my father was working himself to death, grieving about her and avoiding confrontation. But I was wrong. I never thought about his feelings while I rebelled. He was alone and had to deal with me.

But today, I understood just how wrong I've been. I forgot that he's also a human being with feelings, wants and emotions. He needs a companion, a partner to love him and take care of him. Jimin, do you think we're wrong in what we're doing? What if they are not suited to each other and we'll force them into something just for our own selfish needs?"

"Damn! You're just like your father. You talk too much."

"Haaaa! I don't. You're the chatterbox!"

"I'm just kidding Taehyung-ssi. I know what you're getting at. But let's look at this in a positive way and see how we're gonna hook them up now. Okay?"

"Hmmmph! Okay!!!"

"My dad has a profile on that dating app that I downloaded for your appa. How can we get them to meet through the app? What do you think we should do?"

We sat and pondered for a bit until I had an epiphany!

"Taehyung-ssi!!! I got it!!" I said excitedly. "Let's use the laptop and message my dad through your appa's profile!!! Then when my dad replies, your appa will get a notif on his phone app. Then they can talk from there and we can track their conversation from the laptop."

"That's bloody brilliant Jiminie! I think that could work. And they'll have no idea that we set them up!"

"Don't worry Tae! We'll make this work, I promise!"

I said that more for myself than anyone. I also want my dad to be happy and I can see that Mr Kim is a really good person.

Later that same evening

"Dadddd!!!!" I waved to my father from the passenger receiving terminal. I missed him so much. He saw me and waved, running with his bag to hug me.

"Jiminie, my baby! I've missed you so much!" My dad enveloped me in his big, strong arms.

"I love you dad but you're sqeezing the life out of meeeeee!!!" I squealed.

He let go and appraised me.

"What's different about you Jiminie? Let me see. Hmmm...oh! Now I see it! You got shorter!"

"Daaadddd!!! That's not fair!"

He laughed mithlessly at me. Pulling me in for a short hug.

"Whaat? I can't kid with my best baby anymore?"

"Not in public dad! You're so embarrassing I swear. Sometimes I don't know whether I should acknowledge you!" I sighed.

"You can guarantee my Jimine, that I will always be here to embarrass and humiliate you publicly. It's my God given right as your parent!"

"Ugh, let's just get home dad! People have started to stare."

"It's cos I'm handsome. These people have taste!"

My father Jeon Jungkook is really charismatic and confident. People just gravitate to him without them even realising it, such is his power. But he's still very grounded. He's never let it get to his head. I'm so excited he's back so Tae and I can put our plan into practise.

We walked to the taxis and caught one to go home.

"So Jiminie, tell me, what have you been up to all this time I was away? Did you kill your gomo yet and hide the body properly?" He joked with me.

"Yeah dad. It was either her or me dying from her chainsmoking. So I killed her and stashed the body in the basement. I figured you'd wanna see her and all, considering she's your only sister."

He laughed at my silliness.

"But seriously dad, how could you leave my well-being in her care? She's crazy! She smokes all the time. I swear, if I didn't have Taehyung's house to go to, I would have been sleeping outside."

"Taehyung? Who's that? A new friend?"

Shit! I already messed up.

"Urm, yeah dad. He's my very best friend in the whole world."

"Hmmm...seems like I've missed out on a lot. We have some catching up to do."

I wanted to kick myself. But I couldn't undo this mishap now. I'd text Taehyung to come over tomorrow so my dad could meet him.

************************************

Some vmin and jikook dynamic for you thirsties.

This book will contain many scenes with the parents as this is what this book is about. 💖

I look forward to your thoughts on this chapter.

Please cast your votes and thank you to everyone who has added this book to their reading lists and recommended it as well.

I purple you 💜

************************************

Love Swty😘