Chapter 15

Kang Min Jee held her head in her hands. She was having problems with Jimin. She didn't think that she would have to deal with these issues so many years later. And worse, he had brought the spawn of Satan with him, that Kim Taehyung!

She hated everything about the boy and his family. She was right when she saw him; she'd recognised him immediately. That very same boxy grin that he shared with his grandfather. Kang Min Jee hadn't worked so hard in her life to get where she is today to have everything fall apart. She was damned if some whipper-snapper was going to usurp her authority!

She paced her office thinking on events that she had long ago slayed and buried...

Her first marriage had failed dismally. Her father had wanted an heir but every effort of hers had been in vain. She was barren and she knew it. She rejected her husband and resolved to absorb herself in her family business. She taught herself well and had taken the company to new heights. So you can imagine her disdain, when once again her father insisted that she marry.

This time to a man two years younger than her, Jeon Jungkook. Min Jee was aware of his father's company issues. She was also aware that no matter what they tried, she was going to usurp the company anyway. But she went along with the charade and approached the Jeons with her father, to propose marriage to Jungkook.

When he heard the news of their impending nuptials, the weak-willed Jungkook, fell unconscious. He was immediately rushed to the ER and being the dutiful fiancè that she now was, she had grudgingly accompanied him to the hospital.

Jungkook was wheeled into the emergency room and Min Jee was faced with intrusive questions on his health. She lied easily. That he was stressed about their impending marriage and he was worried about his mother's health. She knew nothing about the man.

An hour later, a doctor approached her privately with Jungkook's blood work. She was shocked at the results but being the calculating person that she was, she worked it to her own advantage. She bribed the attending doctor and stole all his results. She then burned his file and took him home where she played her part well.

She manipulated him into telling her all about his boyfriend Kim Seokjin. She was sympathetic and caring. And Jungkook fell easily into her trap. She was even able to entrance Jin and his friend Choi Mina with her charms.

She announced their engagement to the press and took Jungkook into hiding. No one, besides the four people that day, knew of Jungkook's pregnancy. On the day of the birth, Jungkook was heavily anesthetized. She took the baby that she hated, because he reminded her of that horrid family, and gave him to Seokjin. Also, a handwritten letter from Jungkook stating that he never wanted to see them both ever again.

Min Jee was satisfied with her scheming. When she looked into the eyes of her first born, she fell in love. His cheeks were so puffy and soft like marshmallows that his eyes were lost in them. He would be her heir. Her Jimin.

When Jungkook woke up, she handed him their son, and a note from Seokjin, telling him that he had left Busan with Mina and that he did not accept the child. He wanted a new life away from them. Jungkook's heart broke but he looked at his son and vowed to protect him at all costs. He would marry Min Jee and fulfil his birthright.

But his mother did not live to see her grandchild nor did she live to see her son married. Their company folded and Jungkook found himself in a loveless marriage. After 6 years of constant bickering and hate, Jungkook left with his son. Min Jee didn't care. She still saw Jimin periodically and he was still her heir no matter what.

Jungkook's hatred of Seokjin faded; with time he looked on their memories as the most beautiful moments in his life. He could never love another like he had loved his Jin. He raised his son and obtained his BET degree. They led a happy and comfortable life until Seokjin walked into the cafè that fateful day.

Seokjin on the other hand, found comfort in his friend Choi Mina. She knew he would never love her but she was happy with Taehyung. She brought him up as any mother would have. But all too soon, the comfort and warmth of a friend was taken away from Seokjin, the day she died. He could never repay her kindness.

He moved to Daegu when his son was born, vowing to give him every comfort in life. He obtained his medical degree and absorbed himself in his work but his hatred for Jungkook festered until the day he saw him seated at the cafè. That day, Seokjin's heart broke into a million pieces once again.

Fate had played a cruel hand on the two lovers. They lost each other, only to find one another again yet they still had no idea that neither had betrayed the other. They were both pawns in the illicit scheming of a powerful woman who would stop at nothing to attain her goals.

As they sat in the living room of Dr Kim that day, they were still unaware of the betrayal until their son Jimin produced a hospital record that claimed the boys as twins and their birth parent as Jeon Jungkook.

************************************

Things are picking up their pace...

Some of you called it! 😉

But, will their happiness be short-lived?

Or will they finally find the peace that they were denied?

I love your votes and comments.
Thank you to all who voted in the poll. The results will be given next week.

I purple you 💜

************************************

Love Swty 😘