Chapter 14

Jungkook's POV

It's been four blissful days in the arms of my love, Jin. I cannot begin to describe my happiness. He took a few days leave to spend some quality time with me. And I checked in with progress and maintenance with my colleagues now and then. He doesn't let me leave.

We hardly talk at all

We hardly talk at all. We've been really busy doing other things. But I suppose we do need to talk about some important stuff. Stuff that happened 16 years ago. If we don't, we'll never move forward. But I'm also afraid. Afraid that once we talk about it, we may never move forward and we'll lose even this little bit of heaven that we've found now.

Maybe he feels the same way too. I watch him sometimes, when he's making us a meal or we're just relaxing on the couch watching a k-drama. His furtive glances to me, my head in his lap, while he caresses my hair playfully, don't go unnoticed.

Fear. Fear of the past. Fear of the future. Afraid that if we broach the past, the future will be tainted. But I've built up my courage, and I'm sure he can see it coming, I'm going to confront him either way. He's sitting at the table, reading his morning paper. I watch as he crinkles his eyes behind his glasses at something he just read. I love when he scrunches his nose. He looks like the cutest hamster. I just want to place soft kisses on it. But I hold myself back. I need to do this.

"Babe? Can we talk?"

He looks up from his paper and I can virtually taste the fear in his eyes. Those three simple words that have the power to ruin us.

"Y-yes poppy. Come here."

I know what he means so I wake up and go to sit on his lap. It's my new favourite seat. He envelopes me into his arms, his paper forgotten. He pulls me in for a kiss as I wrap my arms around his neck. Just as we're about to kiss, the front door swings open.

In walks my shocked son Jimin and his friend Taehyung. What are they doing here? Jin gently pushes me off him and we both stand up, looking at them sheepishly.

"Dad? What are you doing here?" Jimin asks me.

"Funny. I was just about to ask you the same question."

I exchange a look from Jin to Jimin to an equally shocked Taehyung. After a few awkward moments, Taehyung finds his feet and approaches Jin.

"Good morning appa. And he leans in for a hug and pecks Jin on his cheek."

I watch them, dumfounded.

"Don't expect me to kiss you too dad," my son smirks at me, throwing their bags down and closing the door.

"Will someone tell me what's going on? Please."

"Kookie, this is my son Taehyung. And I'm going to assume that Jimin is yours?"

"Glad you guys figured that out. You too have got some explaining to do," Jimin says, looking from Jin to me.

"Okay. This is so surreal. Let's sit down Jiminie."

We all move to the couch and take a seat, except Jimin, who starts pacing in front of us. My son, the dramatist. I guess this is going to be his show. I sit back and Jin takes my hand in his, intertwining our fingers. Jimin smirks at the gesture while Taehyung's eyes go wide.

Jimin stops his pacing and looks from Taehyung to us. He pulls out a sheet of paper from his jacket pocket and places it on the little table in front of us. Jin and I both peer at it. It looks like an official hospital document. We exchange a look of confusion.

"Dad. When were you going to tell me about this?" His face filled with anger and disbelief.

I was in shock. What was he talking about? I picked up the paper and Jin and I scanned the document, both our eyes going wide in disbelief.

"When were you going to tell me that I'm not Min Jee's son?" His voice was shaky but clear. I could see he was sad but also a little disappointed. I looked at Jin for help. He caressed my cheek and looked into my eyes reassuringly.

"Jimin. It's not so simple. And I think your father himself doesn't have all the answers. But there's a lot that I've figured out after seeing this document. Let us sit and discuss this calmly."

Jimin looks at Taehyung and me and nods his head, going to sit with Taehyung. He puts his arm around him and we watch as Taehyung very naturally, leans in to his chest. Taehyung looks like he's on the verge of tears while my son's expression is stoic.

"This isn't an easy story but before I begin, I need to know something from the two of you," Jin says, looking at the boys.

"Yes ahjussi. You can ask us anything."

He nods his head and begins. "What exactly is the relationship between you and Taehyung?"

The two boys looked at each other.

"We consider ourselves as brothers. We love each other ahjussi. Taehyung is my brother. We both feel the same about each other."

Jin visibly sighs and continues.

"Thank you Jiminie. That makes things a lot easier for your dad and myself."

Jin pulls me close to him and looks at me reassuringly as I shake my head, my eyes pleading him not to say anything. He just caresses my hair lovingly, placing a soft kiss on my trembling lips. A tear escapes my eye and he wipes it away slowly.

"No more tears now, poppy. We've cried enough. It's time for the truth. Even if it makes us or breaks us, we have to go back to the past. The past has all the answers for our future," Jin says, trying to reassure me.

I'm visibly shaking as the boys watch me with concern.

"Dad. Please tell us the truth. I think we deserve it." Jimin says, his hand rubbing Taehyung's back soothingly.

Jin takes a deep breath and begins....

***********************************

Hey my swties. I've missed you all.

So? What do you think happened in Busan? What did the boys uncover?
Did you miss them?

Please vote and leave a comment.

I purple you 💜

***********************************

Love Swty 😘