Chapter 3

I laid there for hours screaming in pain as everyone watched on. There was nothing they could do. At first there was gasp of shock then mummers I didn't understand why they are just staring at me with pity in there eyes. I didn't need pity. I heard my uncle say I might die. Bullshit I am. I'm going to survive this I thought to myself. The two things I waited for my whole life turned out to be disasters. I was not going to let them bring me down. With that thought I busted into a wolf.

"Oh my!" Rhonda gasp. I look up her confused trying to stand up for the first time. "Oh honey. Your beautiful." she gushes tearing up. "Just like your daddy. Your pitch black with a snow white strip going going down your back and paws." she tells me. I have them both in me. I think proudly. My dad was pitch black and my mother was snow white.

I look up and turn around to see everyone staring at me with smiles on their face. Some fake, some not. But one wasn't smiling. Brody's. I had to get out of there. So I jumped up taking off with Rhonda and Luke hollering for me to come back. But I couldn't. Not yet at least. I needed some time. Just a little bit. So I clumsily ran. To where, I don't know. I just ran and ran. To be honest it felt great. My paws hitting the ground digging into the earth. The wind in my face. It is exhilarating. The best feeling in the world.

I didn't stop until I came across a lake. I stopped and just fell down exhausted. I ran for hours, I know that much and it felt great.

"Sage" I hear Terry say through our mind link. Weird. We can only communicate in wolf form. Only to our packs though unless your me. I can communicate with anyone if they are in wolf form and close to me, as in distance.

"Yeah" I answer back.

"You okay" he ask me. I didn't answer this time. Because truth be told my birthday sucked. My mate rejected me and my what was suppose to be an amazing shift turned out to be my almost death. No, I was not okay. I feel him lay his neck on my neck.

'"It will be okay Sage" he says. I shake my head no.

"He said, I was fat and ugly. He said I was going to destroy everything my parents built" I cry in wolf form.

"Oh Sage. He is an idiot. No, your not. Your going to lead just like they did. Fair but firm. You not fat and ugly. So what your chubby. It's what make you beautiful. Don't let him tear you down" he says softly. I say nothing but lay there crying. "Sage it's going to be okay" No it won't be. But I will be. It's time to princess up. I won't let him tear me down. I know who I am. What I'm meant to do. This might sound snobbish but oh well. But I'm better than him. I deserve someone better than him. I don't care how hot he is. He calls me self absorbed. Ha!

I didn't reject him because of the way he looks. No, I was willing to except the pretty boy quality. If anyone is self absorbed its him. Seriously who rejects some for there looks and based on what he thinks he knows about me? I'm not some snot nosed spoiled brat. I help the staff around. I clean my own room, wash my own laundry. SCREW HIM! With that, I dry up my tears and stand up.

"you okay" he ask me.

"I will be" I answer.

"that's my girl" he says happily. "let's go show that putz what he is missing" he says. I give a wolfy laugh.

"let's" I chirp happily. We take off running back home. And run and run. Oops. I didn't realize I ran this far.

When we get there are clothes waiting for us. We quickly shift and go inside laughing from Terry saying some stupid joke. Trust me the house is still full.

"Oh honey are you okay?" Rhonda ask me.

"Oh yeah Aunt Rhonda. Couldn't be better." I say and then look around. I spot Brody kissing some girl. He's head snaps to me and the jerk has a smirk on his face when he sees me. Surprise asshole, I smirk back and his drops. Did he really think him rejecting me was going to bring me down? I smile at everyone. "You guys keep partying. I'm going to retire. That run was awesome." I gloat. "Why didn't you people ever tell me running was so freaking fun. I ran for hours." I chirp.

"Yeah to the next state." Terry says.

"Really?" I ask shocked.

"Really." he says.

"Wow." I say surprised.

"She's fast." he tells aunt Rhonda.

"Cheyenne was fast too." she says.

"Oh no, she's faster than Cheyenne." he tells her.

"Really now?" she says surprised. "Uh oh. Are we going to have to lock you up?" she ask me smiling.

"If you can catch me." I chirp running up the stairs. "Good night all and thanks for coming and the gifts!" I yell running up the stairs.

"Hey wait!" Terry yells running up behind me.

"Hurry up slow poke." I say still running down the hall laughing. Yeah bite me Brody. You rejecting me and me almost dying made me stronger.

We ran to my room laughing. Not really sure why either. I guess just to laugh. We both fall back on my bed still laughing.

"So what are you going to do now?" he ask me once we get our laughing under control.

"What do you mean?" I ask him confused.

"You leaving town or changing your look to show him missing or what?" he ask.

"Now why would I do that?" I ask him rolling over on my belly. He shrugs.

"That's what most girls would do who have been rejected." he says. I scoff shaking my head.

"Heck no. If he doesn't want to be with me for who I am then screw him Terry. I'm not changing anything about myself. I'm staying me and moving my fat butt on." I tell him truthfully.

"Your not fat just chunky and good. I still want you to be you. I don't think I'd like you if you changed. I like this fun, prank pulling, sweet girl laying beside me." he says.

"Awww peanut I like you too." I coo pinching his cheek. He rolls his eyes then glares at me.

"Stop." he whines rubbing his cheek.

"Baby." I scoff. "I'm going to go take a shower and get what's left of this gunk off my face." I say getting up. "Hey will you sleep with me tonight?" I ask getting me some clothes out.

"Sure thing princess." he snickers getting up.

"Terrance." I huff. He laughs walking out the door. I shake my head going to the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and almost faint. I look hideous. Why didn't anyone say anything? Dorks. My hair is a mess and my make up is all ruined. Eh oh well. I take a shower, crawl into bed and let sleep take me over with one thing on my mind.

This will not destroy me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Edited By: DragonSilver18~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment, Vote, Fan or anything else you'd like to do.