Royaly Rejected

Hi my name is Sage Moonstone and I am royalty. Unfortunately a princess. No I don't have a big castle. I'm a modern day princess. I live in a huge mansion slash pack house. Yes I'm a werewolf and I am going to take over the throne on my twenty first birthday. I try to be normal because I didn't ask for this life but I want to do it for my family. I am their only child and my parents both died in a car crash two years ago. Why didn't they live if we are werewolves?

They probably could have if, it wasn't snowing and if they didn't skid or slide into the lake. No one can survive freezing waters. Especially for a long time.They made it out of the car just fine but they were to far away from the shore and on their swim to it, they just froze. Apparently, they were in the middle of the bridge and they were to far down into the water before they got out. Maybe if they were a little more this way or that way everything could have been fine, but no.

I loved my parents deeply and do not want to disappoint them so I'm taking over and honoring their name. They were dang good at their job. They led with a gentle but firm hand. They were always fair and always tried to do what was right and best by our people.

Today is my sixteenth birthday. The day I turn sixteen of course but I also get to find my mate. And I can't wait. I have waited since I was little for this day. My mom and dad used to tell me fairytale stories about mates and how they found each other. They were always so beautiful. Mom told me a mate's love is like no other. I believe this because of the way my mom and dad looked, held, smiled, laughed, and kissed each other. It was always with so much love and gentleness. It was perfect. They were perfect and I miss them dearly.

I got up this morning in a good mood. Dressed for school in my uniform. Yeah a stupid uniform. I go to a private school just for werewolves. It's not that we don't like humans. We just prefer staying away from them. Less of a chance of one of us getting attached to one and our secret being blurted out. Or when someone accidentally shifts, a human could see it and freak. In other words, it's for our protection.

You'd think for being a princess, that I'd be more popular but I'm not. Actually, I am the schools out cast even in the werewolf world. I'm the nerd I guess. I have to be smart and I have to diplomatic I suppose. I have only one friend that I "had to" be friends with but now it's not a "have to" thing. He actually is my friend. His name is Terrence and he is my watcher. A protecter, but over the years he has become my best friend. He didn't have to do it just happened. He is great. I love him to pieces but only in a best friend way.

Like I said, I try and act normal and I do. Unless I'm in my tiara or in what we call the throne room or a meeting. The only person that really sees me normal is Terry. Everyone else doesn't get to see the fun loving girl. How can I explain it? When I'm at school I do and try to act that way, but everyone shuns me. So they never see it. They see a quiet and nerdy girl. Or if someone comes to house it's usually for a meeting or something, so I have to play the princess part. So they just see a stuck up princess. If someone would take the time to get to know me. They'd know I'm not the way they see me. I'm not the quiet shy stuck up girl they see. Heck, Terry and I always play pranks on the staff. I'm fun loving and sweet. I'm me dang it.

Anyway, I got dressed for school, ate breakfast with my aunt and uncle who are raising me and running things until I can. They really are great people as well. They don't treat me any differently because I'm a princess or because my parents died. I've worked through it and I'm okay now, but that doesn't mean I don't miss them. And then Terry and I head to school.

Once we get there I see Brody and almost melt. Oh moon goddess is he is gorgeous.

"Wipe the saliva off your face." Terry snickers.

"Oh haha. Funny Terry." I say rolling my eyes but check my mouth anyway making Terry laugh. What can I say about Brody. He is the badboy of the school. Tall dark and handsome. Black hair, piercing blue eyes, body to die for. He is just gorgeous. Every girls wet dream.

He isn't in my pack. See we have several pack around these parts. We don't live in the big cities well because werewolves like the woods. Wherever there are woods. You can just about bet your butt that werewolves occupy them. Anyway Brody is also soon to be alpha of a pack that is close by. His father is alpha and I've meet him countless times and he is a sweet man. Brody comes to these meetings too and I've meet him but he doesn't notice me.

Anyway after a hellish day of being teased. Yes I could stop it but to me that's abuse of my power. Besides, I can handle words. They are just words after all and no one has the balls to hit me. So we go home and there waiting on me is my aunt Rhonda.

"How was school pumpkin?" she ask me happily. They couldn't have kids so they treat me as their own.

"Fine." I say shrugging. She rolls her eyes.

"It's always fine. Did anything exciting happen?" she ask me cocking an eyebrow.

"Nope nothing. Oh wait Brody got a new girlfriend. Does that count as exciting?" I ask her.

"No, unfortunately not. That boy always has a new girlfriend." she says shaking her head. That's another thing about Brody, he is a man whore. He is seventeen and been through half of the female population of she wolves. Stupid girls. Aunt Rhonda sighs suddenly. "Sorry baby girl but the party starts at seven so we have three hours to get you dressed, an hour for the dinner and then the festivities begin!" she chirps ushering me to the elevator. I did say this mansion is huge. I smile brightly.

They sure do. Then hopefully I can find my mate. See, we are having a ball for my birthday. At said ball I have to dance with every male that comes. We are mixing this ball up a little. Since I'm turning sixteen and our mansion is big enough to hold a lot of freaking people. My aunt Rhonda thought it would be a good idea to add unmated wolves into the mix to see if some get mated. So we have unmated females coming if they can make it and of course males. And of course alphas and soon to be alphas. Plus people who wanted to see the future queen shift for the first time. Yeah around eleven at night, I'll start to feel the aches and pains of shifting for the first time and at midnight I'll shift and every one is excited to see that. Why, I don't know.

Once she gets me up to my room. She then pushes me in the shower. I shave my legs, do my girly things and get out wrapping a towel around me.

"Hair and make up first." she says clapping her hands like a manic. I roll my eyes shake my head and smiling.

"Crazy lady." I mutter as she pushes me in the chair. Then she calls for my stylist for the night. I don't do this often so tonight she's making me go all out. They come in and get to work. Plucking, tweezing and scarring me for life. Then came the dinner dress.

Let the festivities begin.

It's going to be a night to remember, I think to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Edited By: DragonSilver18~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, Comment!!!!!! Thanks for reading, fanning me, commenting and voting.