Chapter 6

[Emily's POV]

A guy came in, a very handsome one at that. He had short black hair that looked messy but he still managed to pull off the style and make it look good. He also had gray eyes that sparkled with mischief especially when he looked at me.

'Hmm... interesting. Normally gray eyes are rare and why did he look at me like that?' I thought looking at him curiously.

"Hello, my name is Nick," the guy introduced himself with a playful smirk.

He has this mischievous and playful aura like he does everything just for fun.

I always had a habit of checking if a stranger was a spy or an enemy which was what I was doing now. It is also suspicious that he only said his first name with no surname.

"Don't you have a surname?" Shawn asked, opening saying what I was wondering.

"Don't worry about that. Just call me Nick or Nicky, but please not Mickey. I am not Mickey Mouse," Nick said playfully with his smirk still present and never wavering.

"Whatever. It wasn't like I was ever going to call you that anyway," Shawn said as he rolled his eyes and laid his head on his desk again. Shawn likes to sleep in class a lot. I am surprised he manages to pass.

I sighed at his behavior before focusing on the present situation again.

Nick joined the class and the teacher started the lesson. It looks like there won't be time to look into this guy deeply until the break.

Once the class was over, I sighed in relief. I might be smart and responsible but I already knew what the teacher was teaching us which made it boring. I am just happy it is time for a break.

I went to my usual table with my friends and sat on my usual seat. It was almost like we all had our names written on each of the seats as we sat on the same seat every time.

"So, what do you think about the new student? Why does he want to hide his surname?" Adam asked thoughtfully as he took a bite out of his lunch.

Shawn tapped his fingers on the table, something he usually does when he is thinking, as his gaze turned deep and he seemed to be sorting out all the facts.

He usually looks more like a genius than a sleepy head when he does that.

"He might be part of the top ten richest families and probably doesn't want others to know and disturb him," Shawn remarked after some time.

"The weird thing though is that even if he is part of the top ten richest families, we would still be higher than him except if he is part of the first richest family, which I highly doubt is possible. If he was, I should have at least received the info. So what is his real reason?" I asked, pursing my lips after saying what was on my mind.

"Exactly what I was thinking. You didn't even get any info on him yet you know everything about the top 100 richest families," Adam said looking at me with a thoughtful expression.

"Yeah. For him to also come to our school now proves that he isn't just a normal guy. He must at least be part of the top 150," Shawn added as he contemplated.

"Maybe he is part of the top 150 richest but doesn't fall under the 100 richest so Emily didn't care about his data?" Lily said in an unsure questioning tone as she tried to figure it out.

"No, that can't be possible cause I learned all the information about the top 200 richest families by heart," I said nonchalantly as I shot down Lily's theory.

"Then how could you not know about him?" Lily asked sincerely confused.

"That either means his family is very mysterious or that he is a scholarship student," Shawn said as he furrowed his brows.

"I guess he could be a scholarship student since you know the principal loves diligent students," Adam said with a little smile.

"True. That's why he loves us so much!" Lily said happily with a big grin.

"Yes, even though the principal is the 10th richest person, he still likes students to study and put their best into their work," I said, smiling with them.

We liked the principal since he was fair to everyone and had the influence needed to keep everyone in line.

"Yes, that man is great," Shawn said smiling slightly.

"Shawn is smiling! Alert! Alert! Something is wrong with Shawn!" Lily exclaimed with a surprised but playful tone.

Shawn rolled his eyes as his smile fell.

"Can't you just act normal?" Shawn asked Lily in an annoyed tone.

"Yes Lily, you should have calmed down..." I trailed off as I turned to Lily before continuing, "...so that we could have taken a picture of him and saved it on our phone," I smiled as I completed my sentence.

"You are very right, Emily. How did I not think of that? That was a very good idea and yet I missed the opportunity," Lily said sorrowfully as she glanced down at the table.

"Well, maybe next time we will be able to take a picture," I said smiling at Lily.

"Yes! I will save it as my background picture!" Lily said happily as she grinned.

As we kept on talking about taking a picture of Shawn smiling, Shawn was fuming while Adam remained neutral.

"You guys do know that I am here, right? Also, before you take a person's picture, you are supposed to ask for the person's permission," Shawn said, scoffing in annoyance.

"Wow! What a surprise. I never knew that," Lily said mockingly to Shawn, batting her eyelashes innocently as Shawn got angrier.

The lunch continued with Lily annoying Shawn as I laughed while Adam stepped in once in a while to stop them if they went too far. We all kept eating our food while doing that. We couldn't give up food just for mocking Shawn, after all, food is life~