Chapter 15

Evelyn didn't realize that she was levitating, as soon as her eyes opened wide she noticed that Juliet's mouth was fine. The top of the Christmas tree still plunged into her brother's stomach.

She recalls the days she started noticing her brother getting thinner and rarely present in her life all of his focus was on PTSD ridden Juliet, he'd go to her house and come back at night then disappear again. His actions were bothering her too much that she had to go to put her grandmother and father in one room to tell them about everything that is going on, from him using Juliet as an excuse to disappear to somewhere else. It was all out of concern, hoping they will take some action and talk some sense into him or her father would attempt to have an heart to heart and he'll spill out everything that's bothering.

However, that never happened, the moment Evelyn told them. She was grounded for covering for him, Evelyn was ordered to sit in her room as they rummaged Joseph's things without his permission. The next day she woke up to se an empty room and the news of her brother being shipped off to military school for something about bad behavior after getting arrested that night for getting caught breaking into a private property. One month she was grounded, one month she didn't talk to her grandmother and father, her mother joined in on hate-the-grandma-Germanotta group after she received the news of her son same time as Evelyn. That moment Evelyn had something in common with her mom but it all lasted for a month until Joseph called and apologized for just leaving a letter instead of announcing his leaving face to face, Evlyn was the one who helped Juliet to connect with Joseph again. That's when their feelings for each other grew yet, Evelyn never felt distant from her brother.

Evelyn now has the demon figured out, the guilt that was gnawing at her mind was no more. Maybe the voices were made to break her maybe there were some truth in it regardless, it was just another from the demon to toy with Evelyn. The demon showed her fire aimed to make her scared and pee herself to death or something but nothing worked because right now Evelyn feel different more than prepared to fight a demon and return back to where it should be; hell.

Just five minutes was left

"Put me down" Evelyn demanded wobbling, trying to stand up in the air. She didn't feel the demon bringing her back to the floor, this time she forced her eyes to look at Juliet "Please Juliet just put me down" Evelyn begged, Juliet seemed so cold she couldn't her eyew from the darkness but Juliet weren't face Evelyn anymore. As if the demon suddenly lost its backbone.

"Juliet" Evelyn called, her voice pleading for the girl to look back at her and she did. Evelyn immediately lost all of her hope to bring back Juliet.

"You killed you father didn't you? First you took the gun from his hand I assume and shot him right in the head and made it look like you found him like that. You couldn't face the reality that your father was a monster so you got rid of him" This sparked something in Juliet as she suddenly turned to glare Evelyn.

More than two minutes..

"He deserved it!" Juliet suddenly yelled. Evelyn was taken aback by that reaction.

"You are not a god or the authority to do that. You had no right. I bet this demon coming into my house was not even my fault, you probably conjured it and made it look like it was my fault since you never really took responsibility for anything you had done. And maybe that's why it took your body"

"You have no idea how close you are too figure out all of this" Juliet laughed, the real Juliet, behind her came the demon's voice. Evelyn was too shocked to speak as she drowned it all in. Holy shit.

"You tricked me into reading the article and made me believe I was just reading the instructions for some stupid scary but it was all a way for you to trap us in this house and get murdered by this demon wasn't it?" Evelyn couldn't believe the word gliding down her larynx, she didn't expect for this turn at all when she strived to taunt Juliet. Juliet laughs nodding.

"Involved in mass murder twice and survived. You can kill me to shut me up but shit like this doesn't get swept under the rug, they'll do full investigation. You'll get charged for so many things" The hope is frail in Evelyn's voice yet the confidence stands stills even when Juliet whipped out a gun.

"That's in this world, in the next sixty second, I'll be lifted up above to the world that is awaiting for me with the help of my dear demon fianceé" Evelyn nearly gagged, all of this over a blind promise? Is this even the real Juliet?

"So here is it. With the blood of a lying virgin I'll rise" The gun was pointed at Evelyn, she closed her so right wishing that the pain wouldn't last long and she'll be gone quick. She said her sorry to her mom and grandma for treating them poorly when all they did was look out for her and provide her with all of the privileges to make her life easy. The gun went off, the body of Evelyn fell to the floor with a loud thud.

------------------------

"......from the blood of the virgin I'll rise" the man standing on the top of the stairs couldn't believe what he had just eavesdroped, he nearly questioned his whole existence for a minute. Eventually, he pulled the trigger of his revolver and shot the annoying mentally unstable girl. Her floating friend fell to the floor loudly and passed out.

She is alive, he noted after checking for her pulse before turning to the girl he shot.

He dragged the body of girl to the outside of the house to his car, grumbling, thinking about consequences he'll face for this necessary evil.