Chapter 1

Evelyn shivered as the cold necklace was placed on her delicate skin, her collarbone, her high chin, and her perfectly cylinder shaped neck makes the shiny diamonds look beautiful than it already is.

She couldn't help but be thankful at her great-grandmother for choosing to gift it to her daughter, Evelyn's grandmother instead of selling it. And Evelyn's grandmother gave it to her daughter in law, Evelyn's mother.

Five months ago, Evelyn's mother passed it to Evelyn on her seventeenth birthday. The piece of diamonds made Evelyn excited until she nearly tripped and faceplanted on her own birthday cake but sadly her mother told her to wear it on the Christmas Eve. Evelyn was mad a little but she got over it.

Seasons changed as days went by, Finally, winter came and it was the end of December all of the sudden. Now her anger vanished, she just wants to wear the blue colored diamond necklace just to show it off to her cousins and friends, bubbles of excitement formed in her chest thinking her friends' reaction and her cousin's jealous face until her stylist locked the necklace ruining her daydream.

Her neck would've fallen to the ground if it she wasn't for her makeup cabinet. Gripping on the cabinet she glared at her stylist as if she created a heaviest diamond necklace in the world. Evelyn sucked in on oxygen.

"Motherrrr" She screeched making her stylist cover both of her ears to block out Evelyn's high pitched voice.

Evelyn's mother rushed to upstairs in a hurry after her daughter screamed like a spoiled brat she is. She nearly laughed at the sight of her daughter, her mascara spilling down along with her tears. Her red bloodshot eyes, glaring at her mother angrily while the stylist was on Evelyn's bed with her eyes closed and hands covering her ears.

"Meredith you can get up now," Evelyn's mother said patting the stylist. She knows the woman will probably write a resignation letter before tomorrow. The sad thing is she just started working today.

"You didn't tell me about the necklace being this heavy!" Evelyn choked out, making her mom smirk.

"This is what I've been going through for twenty years to impress your grandmother now I passed it to you, take care of the necklace or she'll kill you," Her mother said making Evelyn groan.

"You! You bitch! This piece of shit nearly ripped my neck off" Evelyn spat making her mom roll her eyes and flash a bitchy smile, Evelyn's face burned in anger.

"Girls what's with the yelling, the guests all downstairs keep it down!" Her grandma ordered barging into Evelyn's room without even knocking. "Eve, what in the god's name happened to your beautiful face?" Her grandma asked in concern as soon as she saw Evelyn's tear-stained eyes.

"No, No, Nothing is the wrong grandma" Evelyn answered, her voice getting oddly lower. Nodding at her mother as a sign of 'take care of Evelyn' Evelyn's mother went downstairs to keep the guests busy.

"What happened?" Evelyn grandmother asked demanding for an explanation. Evelyn has been closer to her grandma since she was born, she always comes to her grandma for everything so Evelyn broke down.

"My boyfriend broke up with me," Evelyn said, that was not fully a lie but that wasn't the reason why she was crying either. She just doesn't want to face her grandma's disappointed reaction when she tells her that she doesn't want to wear the necklace. Her grandma has been telling Evelyn stories about this necklace and her idea of gifting it to her since Evelyn was five. Telling her that she hates this necklace wasn't an option.

"Oh, he's just a boy and an ugly one at that. He's not worth your tears" Her grandma said easily pulling Evelyn into a hug.

"but he was my boyfriend and I loved him!" Evelyn argued, pushing her grandmother away from her.

"Oh, don't be overdramatic, Meredith fix her makeup and send her down in five minutes, they're waiting to see my beautiful granddaughter!" Her grandma cheered leaping out of the room. Meredith just watched all this drama in a dumb face, firstly she wants to get out of this place and secondly she's tired of this brat.

Finally after tissue by tissue to fix her mascara. Layers of makeup, her face looks beautiful and better than before. But Evelyn preferred her natural look, her natural curls a little bit of lip gloss and that's it. Unfortunately, she has to follow her grandma's rules since Evelyn is living in a mansion built by her dead grandfather and owned by her lovely grandmother.

Although she was excited about Christmas, she did feel a wave of anxiety building up in her chest thinking about meeting her relatives, her grandma had fifteen children for god sake! Some of them had lost contact for over ten years and today when they meet, old feuds sure will stir up then it'll lead to an argument. An argument could ascend into a fist fight.

Evelyn totally was not up for it but again she doesn't want to disappoint her grandma who's oddly excited for this. All of the family dramas aside Evelyn was excited to meet her friends, It's been a week since they last talked. Sure they talk on the phone but it was not as great as meeting face to face and talking to them in real life.

I will be a good granddaughter and don't disappoint anyone tonight with my bitchy self, Evelyn promised to herself.