Chapter 3

After everything was finished Evelyn descended downstairs by putting her right hand on the golden railing, carefully not touching the garland with Christmas lights around and by taking thirty seconds per step as if she was a bride walking down the aisle. Suddenly, everyone stopped drinking the delicious champagne that was served by the servants and stared at the beautiful girl who is coming down the stairs with her high heels clicking on the marble steps. Gasps and 'Woah' echoed through the hallway making Evelyn's heartbeat race in shock.

Wow, I really didn't saw that coming, She thought.

They looked at Evelyn in awestruck, Evelyn felt blood rushing to her face from all of the attention she was getting from her relatives and friends. Evelyn struggled to keep her head up because every time she tries to look up, the damn heavy necklace keep pulling her head down. She just wants the necklace burst into flames and vanish. Shrugging the bad thoughts aside she continues walking down the stairs as if there's nothing wrong.

She was sure they could see her flushed face through the heavy layers of makeup. As soon as she reached downstairs she let out a sigh in relief, her new best friend, Juliet rushed to her walking in a weird way and reached for Evelyn's hand. She shook it.

"You look great, Oh my god did you hear the sound they made when they saw you! It was like they were having an orgasm just by looking at you!" Juliet slurred making Evelyn's eyes go wide in shock hearing the way Juliet talked.

"Oh god Julie are you drunk?" Evelyn asked with her mouth wide gaping in shock.

"Me? Drunk? Never. I'm just feeling sooo sooo fabulouso" Juliet slurred again making Evelyn facepalm. Juliet was a girl who has never touched alcohol or even get near it, Evelyn and her friends never missed a chance to make fun of Juliet for not drinking in the parties they always attend to but today was different.

This was not some party, this is a party filled with high-class people. Evelyn had a feeling that today is going to be interesting. After all, Juliet did need a break from being uptight twenty-four/seven and from spending her life buried in books. She wants Juliet to have the night of her life, a Christmas she would never forget.

She's going to embarrass me and herself in front of the rich guys, sure this is going to be fun, Evelyn thought excitedly.

Sure she doesn't want this event to go to shit but that doesn't mean she couldn't have some fun watching the rich people reaction to Juliet's funny self.

"They're serving rich lemonade here!" Juliet chirped dragging Evelyn to the champagne table making her Aunt and uncles give Evelyn a curious look which Evelyn return it with a nod of acknowledgment.

Only her grandmother's last daughter, Aunt Maria smiled at Juliet and all of the sudden Juliet waved at her, gesturing her to come over the lemonade table. And she did. Smiling Juliet greeted Marie with a peck on her cheek that made Evelyn look at them in a weird way.

"You two know each other?" Marie immediately shook her head at her niece's question. Evelyn frowned in confusion.

"No Ely, She looks cool so I thought why not invite her into our group?" Juliet explanation made Evelyn look around and she realized there wasn't anyone standing alone, everyone was talking to someone and was standing in a circle. Evelyn just looked at the way Juliet talked, walked and even the way smiled. It was like she turned into a new person.

Whoa, who is this girl? she thought in amazement at the new and confident Juliet.

Evelyn's grandmother grabbed a microphone and stood near the ten feet tall Christmas tree that was placed few feet away from the fireplace. She began speaking on the microphone to start the party, she thanked everyone for attending and called out some rich peoples name for making time to come to this party. She started her speech about how grateful she's for this night that gathered some of her family member who was long lost contact. She ordered everyone to sit down on the table that was prepared for the guests. They did as she said and then she continued her 'I'm so grateful' speech

It went on and on for hours some of the people were asleep on the golden table some were trying hard to keep their eyes open. Until Juliet decided to voice out her opinion on the speech and how bored she's because of it, loudly for the whole house to hear.

"Who needs sleeping pills when you have a grandma who can put you to sleep just by opening her wrinkly mouth?" Juliet wondered aloud looking at Evelyn who's turning red like a ripe tomato while the microphone in Mrs. Germanotta's hands dropped letting out a high pitched whine.

Marie exploded in laughter spraying drizzles of champagne from her mouth all over their table, Evelyn covered her mouth to contain herself from screaming.

"Ok man the boring grandma is done, now play something good that'll put us back into the Christmas mood" The pianist, the trumpet players all looked shocked as well as Mrs. Germanotta. They looked at her for confirmation, nevertheless, she nodded in knowing that is what the guests wanted, not her awfully long speech. With a last threatening glare at Evelyn, she moved away from the fireplace and headed to the pantry to order to serve food.

Immediately, Jingle Bell Rock by Frank Sinatra was being played, Aunt Marie quickly dropped her glass on the table and she started twirling around as if she was a princess from a Disney movie. Then she stopped to sway her hips matching the slow yet funky beat. Evelyn and Juliet burst out laughing at the instant.

"What are you doing?" Juliet asked between giggles making Marie's eyebrow twitch in confusion.

"Can't you see? I'm being as free as my hair, marrying the night not caring about what these people think, so I'm just gonna dance and just dance until I hear them applause!" She said waving her hair in the hair as they do it in the shampoo commercials to add more effect into her powerful words. Juliet choked on her champagne.

"I'd say saving the night from these boring people I know my last name is Germanotta like Lady Gaga's but geez that's like five Gaga reference in one sentence, hmm this night keeps getting better and better" Evelyn said sarcastically indicating that she clearly hates Lady Gaga even though she knows every bit of her lyrics by her heart including the grunting and growling the singer always does in every one of her songs.

The pianist and the trumpet players went to get some drinks to prepare for their next play, leaving time for modern Christmas music play on the speaker. As Marie said, the people started clapping at the woman and some even started dancing along as Jingle bells by an unknown female singer started playing.

Evelyn knows that it was time to get Juliet away from the place as she climbed on the table to add more effect into Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas Is You. She started dancing sexually, humping the air weirdly, singing along to the song in whispers and off keys as if she's the new Selena Gomez. Finally, the song ended, Juliet poured champagne on the top of her own head before Evelyn could stop her.

Cozy Little Christmas by Katy Perry started playing Juliet began dancing again, this time it was thousands time worse. She started whipping her wet hair and lifting her dress slowly, revealing her delicate thighs. Everyone's eyes were now trained on Juliet, some parents covered the eyes of their innocent little children with their hands, some boys are watching just with a smirk and some people just looked away probably feeling embarrassed for Juliet. And that was the last straw, Evelyn kicked the foot of the table hardly, knocking over the table on purpose of stopping Juliet from baring it all to the strangers and the kids.

Juliet landed on the floor harshly with a loud thud. Thanks to god, the two empty champagne glasses landed on top of her instead of crashing on the floor shattering into pieces and bruising Juliet when she tries to wake up. Evelyn helped Juliet to stand up and dragged her to upstairs to her room. Juliet ran to the toilet and soon as she entered the room, sea of vomits poured to the white shiny bowl.

After what seems like an hour, she flushed the toilet and went to the sink to wash her face and her sticky hair. She felt a little bit sober. A pair of bloodshot saucer-wide eyes were staring back at her from the huge mirror, her eyes looked dark from the spilled mascara and eyeliner, her makeup was now gone but that wasn't the reason why she screamed in terror, it was because of the man standing behind her in a blood-smeared Santa Claus outfit and a bloody kitchen knife with his hands.

AN: Dedicated to yourfriendbri Yeah we're getting to the horror part slowly