Chapter 11

Juliet wanted to attack her father after seeing him with a gun and with all of his student dead but instead of that she manipulated him to shoot himself then she called the police saying she went inside the campus whole she heard gunshots and found her dad dead. No mentions of her making her dad commit suicide. At least that's what she thought she did and got away with it until she saw the figure of her father running out of the kitchen.

Knowing that this was a problem she needed to deal with Juliet left Joseph inside the dark kitchen without uttering a word. She was lost. For minutes she searched for a way to the living room but the only thing she found was an old room that had an unlocked door. The first thing she laid her eyes on was the safety box on the table in the middle of the room that was left unlocked with a gun inside. She grabbed the gun knowing if her evil father was back she's going to have to use it.

She then closed the door silently and made it back to the kitchen passageway slowly walked out of there with the gun in the air. She heard the sound of bubbling water but when she turned back nobody was near the fountain and the water was turned off however, she failed to notice the missing jugs.

She walked slowly and cautiously to the living room and saw her father turning back at her with a grim smile. For a second she was back into the fifteen-year-old girl that controlled by her father then the next she was chasing him as he climbed up the railing of the stairs and jumped to grandma Germanotta's room like a ninja. He was fast but Juliet was faster powered by pure hatred and rage, she opened fire.

The first bullet struck his back but he was strong enough to emerge from the floor and run. Juliet wasn't done she caught up with him and the rest was gunshots and blur she didn't know what exactly was going on when Evelyn and Joseph shook her to reality.

"What did you shoot! First of all how the hell did you get the gun? There are no weapons stored in this house, it is all in the guard's house!" Joseph's voice blared in her ears as she stared at the empty door that had four bullet holes.

"Oh my god, I don't know what's going on with me, I saw my father when I was with you in the kitchen. I went after him alone so that he couldn't anyone else. I can't even remember how I got into this empty average-sized room that only had a table in the middle of it." Evelyn and the others knew about Juliet's unhinged father but not the full details, it was a secret that Juliet kept to herself and pledged to never say it to anyone

"Grandpa's room" Evelyn whispered to Joseph, he just nodded focusing on Juliet's story.

"an unlocked safety box was on it with a gun inside as if it was waiting for me. I took it and chased my father, now, I'm here. Oh my god is your grandma still alive?" Juliet asked remembering the old woman that went to sleep because Juliet pissed her off. Evelyn's eyes widened remembering her grandma.

"Wait. She's home? I thought she went with our parent" Joseph asked frowning, Juliet sighed looking at her man disappointedly, Evelyn just shut her eyes massaging the skin above her brows not being able to handle her brother.

"Why would a seventy-two-year-old woman go to a bar?" Evelyn finally asked her voice going sharp at the end.

"To drink?" Joseph deadpanned.

"As if grandma would ever be that stupid and irresponsible. Our parents can't relate though" Evelyn said shaking her head, Joseph sighed looking at the bullet stuck in the door.

"I didn't know grandma had bulletproof doors" Joseph muttered his fingers tracing the wooden door, Evelyn nearly jumped and attacked somebody lurking in the shadows but stopped as soon as she realizes that it was her friends she whispered: "You guys nearly scared me!" Her friend, Janice and her cousin Susan stood up revealing themselves.

"Where's Derek and Darren?" Evelyn received nothing but shooks and shrugs in unison. She sighed as a thousand scenarios of them dying plays in her mind. Her mind was really messed up at this point, witnessing a gory dead body of a friend and another friend dying right in front of your eyes does that to you.

"Eve, tell them about Stefano," Joseph said softly putting his hand on his sister's shoulder, Evelyn's voice started as a shaky murmur and ended in outcry as she told them every detail from finding him to his horrifying death. First, one to cry was Juliet as she jumped to hug Evelyn, soon they all were weeping silently, some were afraid, some were truly devastated by the news.

However, Joseph began feeling the similar cold air kissing his exposed arms, his head was suddenly pulled to the moment where he was in the kitchen with Juliet, he shuddered clearly from the dropping temperature. "I think we gotta go. something is not right" he muttered noticing that everyone else was trembling rubbing their hands to keep the warmth.

"Where?" Evelyn whispered leaning against the wall, Joseph thought about it in his head, counting all of the possibility, the danger and decided on the third floor of the mansion.

"No! There are so many places in this house, we're not going there." Evelyn whisper-yelled very dramatically, Juliet sighed.

"Eve, we need to go to safety, right now," He said grabbing Juliet's hand. Susan and Janice nodded agreeing with him.

"What about grandma?" Shouted Susan, suddenly remembering her grandma. Joseph groaned very loudly.

"The bullets didn't wake her. Let the police sirens wake her, that if we made it out alive. She's locked inside sleeping safe and sound. We.." Joseph's eyes caught a moving black shadow shaped like a vortex swirling around, in front of Evelyn's room "gotta go now!" He started running with Juliet who was watching the vortex shoot out black smoke to their direction, everyone sprints catching up with them, thanks to the lord the stairs were on the left of de the floor far from Evelyn's room.

"This is ridiculous if we're locked in here so does the person that stole the necklace. The third floor has too many empty rooms what if we end up with them" Evelyn whispered climbing up the stairs, Joseph stopped dead on his tracks as he saw another shadow moving on the top of the stairs.