Chapter 6

Mei Lan let out a shaky breath as a cold hand touched the back of her neck, when she snapped her head back there was nothing.

Standing in front of the Christmas tree has never been this creepier, this day going down as Mei Lan's scariest Christmas ever. Even though there's nothing to scare her here it was just the cold weather and a little bit of her imagination. She shivered again as now a pair of cold hands touched her shoulder from behind.

"Ok, that's it stop it! This is not funny" Mei Lan said out loud. When Mei Lan turns around there was no one behind nor near her, that was enough to make her shrink back in fear.

"Boo!" Darien yelled from behind her. Mei Lan let out a loud ear piercing screech from the shock, her heartbeat jumped higher than the peak of the Everest mountain and started beating faster than she could handle. Cold blood coursed through her veins and every part of her weak body started shaking from fear, limb by limb. She fell on the floor clutching on her chest, attempting to slow down her painful heartbeat.

"I got you didn't I?" He chirped, the girl just responded with a breathless fake laugh.
She placed the candle next to her and laid down tiredly on the red carpet, breathing heavily as the crackling fire from the fireplace tried to calm her down but Darien didn't notice it.

"Hey c'mon don't sleep, you know what Evelyn said! If you sleep the midnight man will get you" Darien said in a spooky voice obviously joking but Mei Lan didn't move an inch.

"I don't care" She responded nonchalantly, he groaned and began walking towards the candle he planted on the tiled floor. Grabbing the candle he began searching for his friends and disappeared into the thick darkness.

After a minute, Mei Lan tried to get up but she was put down to the ground by something heavy. It pressed on her body with an energy that she couldn't fight, she forced her eyes to look up just to make eye contact with a pair of bleeding eyes with a broken eyeglass. The man was wearing a red wet blood-soaked Christmas hat and his face looked like melting chocolate. His blood-drenched beard was prickling her soft neck skin.

His long brown colored, corndog shaped tongue was shoved deep into her throat before she could even think about screaming for help. Mei Lan started hyperventilating as she realized she couldn't breathe, he was crushing her lungs with his weight. His tongue starts vibrating as it slurped every one her organs into his hungry stomach.

Tears spilled down from the unbearable pain she was feeling, gasping struggling she finally let out her last breath as her lungs were being sucked into the killer's tongue.

He smiled in satisfaction from the work he had done. He didn't ruin the carpet nor get pieces of her all over the place. Using his power he tucked her underneath the Christmas tree without laying a finger on her lifeless body. She was wrapped and ready to be opened in the morning.

Meanwhile on the upstairs Evelyn is going through every one of her thing looking for her grandma's necklace that she took off earlier before leaving the room with Josh and Juliet. Finally, she was done with searching.

"Guys my necklace is gone!" Evelyn's scream erupted from upstairs, making everyone revert their attention to Evelyn. Juliet was lost in the kitchen while others were at the stor room and some in the garage. They started rushing upstairs one by one with grasping the burning candles in their hands.

"What happened?" Josh asked first breathing heavily effect from running up the stair. One by one everyone was there except Juliet and the dead girl of course.

"My necklace is gone. Just vanished without a trace" Evelyn exclaimed pulling out her hair in frustration. Her grandma is not going to be happy.

"When did you last saw it?" Darrien asked carefully to make sure she won't explode, scanning the room, there was nothing out of the ordinary, it was just trashed.

"I left Julie with you guys and came here to take it off. I put it on my bed and covered it with my blanket and sheet and locked the room" Evelyn said ruling the bed sheet again looking for the necklace.

"If someone took it, there must a sign or any trace!" Jackson suggested to his cousin, Evelyn's face dropped and looked even sadder than before.

"I trashed the whole room looking for it can't you see!" She yelled in anger, she sat on her messy bed and glared at everyone standing at the doorway. They shifted uncomfortably but didn't attempt to leave.

"Talking about Juliet where is she and Mei Lan?" Evelyn asked them, they all looked at each other looking for a Chinese girl and the pale white girl in a black dress. They all shrugged in unison. Jose frowned.

"She wasn't here with us since after the game started and I saw Mei Lan just about ten minutes ago. She was downstairs" Darrien answered.

When Evelyn screamed, Juliet heard it loud and clear but she was stuck in the kitchen, finding a way out of the maze weren't easy. After walking through some passageways, bumping into some pieces of furniture and hitting few walls she finally saw the blinding light of the Christmas tree and started walking towards it.

Nobody was there she heard some voices from upstairs before she could set her foot on the stair leading to the second floor she saw something under the Christmas tree. A pair of feet. Curiously, she slowly started walking toward it. Another yell from Evelyn nearly stopped her but she was too near she wasn't going to back down now.

Someone was laying there their face was hidden under the branches of the Christmas tree, squatting down she reached their hand and tapped it lightly but she pulled back and gasped as the hand felt like ice to her touch. She immediately pulled the body from under the tree, she thought the sleeping person was going to be heavy so she used her full force until she was pushed back bringing the person with her.

The person was on top of her and her eyes were closed. When Juliet finally opened her eyes she was greeted by another pair of eyes looking down at her and it was hanging out of its socket shaking in the air like Christmas tree ornaments and the mouth of the dead person poured red wine colored liquid on Juliet's face. Juliet's hands flew up in shock and pushed the body away from herself. She finally collected enough energy to let out a scream that turned the whole mansion upside down