Chapter 8

Evelyn covered Mei Lan's body with the carpet because she couldn't stand the sight of the girl anymore. If the police ask her why she was wrapped she planned to just tell them that she covered the body because of the smell. She went upstairs to her room, still regretting her choice of telling the guards to shut down the lights and only leave the Christmas tree lights turned on.

After rummaging through all of her things in the darkness looking for the necklace, Evelyn had enough of it, she went into her bathroom and knocked on the small window just right above the toilet seat that was used to let air in and the unwanted smell out. However, today the glass sounded like hardwood and the hinges were stuck as if it wasn't opened in a long time but she remembers opening it this morning.

She sighed disappointedly then grabbed the can of lavender flavored air freshener and threw it at the window just for the metal can to bounce back, the window acting as a trampoline. It hit her in the forehead, she groaned in pain while cursing herself for being so stupid in her mind. When an idea to cut the window appeared in Evelyn's mind she was interrupted by a really cold hand rubbing the back of her neck. Her hair was pulled into a bun so the place was really exposed. From the side of her eyes a reflection of a tall shadow standing beside her could be seen in the mirror, Evelyn froze in fear.

The feeling was unbearable, fear was shooting through her mind like comets alerting her to act before it burns and crashes. However, she has to choose what she does carefully or the shadow could end up hurting her, she didn't know that. All she did was not move hoping she would be left alone.

------------------------------

Juliet glared at Joseph angrily but he rolled his eyes, from the light of the guards' house donating some of the shine for them, their reactions were pretty visible to each other. Juliet sighed in defeat, tired of fighting him.

"Look I just need to be left alone, just go I'll follow you back in minutes" She reasoned, instead of agreeing with this deal he shook his head in disapproval.

"In this dark with a possible killer inside the house? No way." He said crossing his arms and leaning on the fridge and nearly jumped when he heard the hum of the machine then remembered that he did told the guards to just cut the lights.

"Please leave me al-" Before she could finish her words were cut short by a gust of wind entering the kitchen violently knocking out some pans and pots on the way. Juliet immediately jumped and wrapped her arms around Joseph. Stunned they stood in that position in silence hoping whatever did that would be gone from the room but the air turned colder and colder.

"What is happening? All the doors and windows are locked and couldn't be opened, how did the wind enter?" Juliet whispered in Joseph's ear making him shudder thinking how Evelyn before something chased them.

"Just like Evelyn said, air getting colder then a shadow chasing them. We have to go now!" At the same time, Juliet jumped away from him, terrified, staring at something out of the window. However,  it wasn't just something it was a shadow of a massive face with a huge beard, the figure was standing in between the guards home light and the kitchen's window like a moon in the middle sun and earth, casting a shadow on the earth that we call eclipse except this wasn't some natural phenomena but this was very real and super natural.

Then, in a blink, the lights from the guardhouse went out plunging them into deep darkness. Joseph was ripped away from Juliet, he didn't know what had happened but she wasn't in his arms anymore. In panic he reached his hands into the darkness hoping she was still there, he came up with nothing. He put a hand on the counter, the other on the wall, he whispered Juliet's name loudly while walking with his hands guiding him to the exit. He was sure that she wasn't there if she was she wouldn't stay silent like this.

While near the hall Stefano wandered around still not believing that he couldn't break a normal piece of glass and the only rational explanation he could come with was that the windows were very high quality made strong enough to resist a flying bullet and it made a lot of sense since Mr. Germanotta did due a bullet right to the head, that later the detectives proved the gunner was out aiming at the window on the side whilst the poor old man sat watching the tv. He fired, the bullet cracked through the window then passed through the man's brain instantly killing him and was found deep inside the sofa's cotton. The family left the house abandoned for three whole years after the incident then came back to renovate the house and earn back the town's respect.

However, this doesn't explain why all the windows couldn't be opened or why no hammer couldn't scratch the doors including the backdoor because he has tried everything and now the boy couldn't help but feel like he was pushed down a cliff is hanging in the mid-air on a branch. Not letting his thoughts wander further and get to him he dashed straight to the main door hoping there wouldn't be any funny business like earlier happening but this time a cold wind pushed him back like a piece of paper. He was not surprised.

He struggles as he felt two invisible giant hands pushing him back, away from the main door. He tried to fight it but his energy mixed with the hands he was sent back flying with a brutal force that ended with his body impacts on the fountain and falling on the last bit of champagne left.