Chapter 10

Stefano was unconscious for about a minute, immediately his eyes opened wide. First, he felt numb, second, he saw a familiar figure towering over him, the stinging of the champagne made him squint to get a clearer view of the person. He tried to pull himself up from the wet bottom of the fountain

The sound of soft humming from above made his eyes roll up in alert. His heart started beating wildly inside his chest as he saw the statue of babies above him moving and both jugs tilting downwards aiming at him. His pathetic attempt to scream died down when the bittersweet water sprayed down like a fire hose flooding his mouth, first he forced down the liquid and tried to shut his mouth but the force was just too much. He tried to move just to learn that unfortunately he was still pinned down by the invisible force.

Finally, the water slowed down allowing him to breathe however, there wasn't enough time for him to escape as the jug broke from the baby's hand and fell on to his head digging into his skull. He cried out in pain but his voice was not loud anymore, his head dropped and sunk into the champagne just as another jug magically slid and fell on him.

------------------------------------
Evelyn decided to run, she locked her bedroom door and slid down the stairs in a hurry. She had hoped the door would keep it out but of course, it wouldn't, She still felt the cold presence chasing her. She hurried to the front door while screaming and calling her grandmother when she remembered that the lady is still in the house and her dumb cousins too, all upstairs passed out like they couldn't hear anything happening downstairs.

Evelyn's feet started to feel heavier with worry weighing her down. She couldn't believe that she forgot their existence just like that so she put the blame on her brother whom she is sure doesn't even know her grandma stayed in the house after the disastrous party and then she blamed the dead girl for dying and causing panic to the point that she had forgotten about her grandmother.

However, a choked-up sob made her stop, she looked around confused, the hall was empty just Mei Lan's body was there wrapped in the expensive carpet. She then realizes the sound was coming from the front. Evelyn footsteps echoed around the house, Joseph, who was lost near the kitchen entrance heard it, he immediately knows that it was his sister and began following the sound.

Evelyn stopped moving when her foot felt a large puddle of water which she couldn't recognize. Her head carried her eyes around the room scanning for something that would explain this, she hoped that it was just roof leaking the liquids from their air conditioner and not a puddle of blood. However, she figures it out when she to her head down to get a whiff of the sticky liquid. Her eyes darted to the fountain and immediately discovered that two angel babies not holding any jugs, she rushed to the fountain to find a figure flailing his arms trying not to drown in it even though it was shallow, only leftover champagne from the party remains in it so there weren't many.

"You're okay! Calm down" She said attempting to hold his arms and preventing to calm him down. She dropped down to the wet floor and nearly screamed as she gets a glimpse of the jug on his head. It was her best friend Stephano and he had a jug stuck on his head, she soon discovered that the other one was on his stomach, there was a lot of blood but she couldn't see any of it. He finally drops his head on the bottom of the fountain weakly. Evelyn thought he was dead but he wasn't, he was still breathing, she grabbed his arm and forced him to look at her.

Evelyn heard slow footsteps approaching them, the only action she could take was to shush Stefano before he tries to open his mouth to speak and take off her flip flops and aim at the thick darkness, the light of flashlight flashing on her face stopped her from throwing it. She breathes out a sigh of relief as soon as Joseph streamed the light towards his face so Evelyn could recognize him.

"Come here I need your help! Stefano is injured" Evelyn said loudly, Joseph shushed her and crouched down next to her to take a look at Stefano, who stared back at him with wide eyes as if he was high on drugs. Joseph instantly turned back to Evelyn and gasped.

"Jesus what the hell is this!?" Joseph whispered, covering his nose with his hand to avoid the stench of fresh human flesh.

"Do you think he's in pain?" Evelyn whispered back, Joseph turned back to him an examined the boy just with his eyes, Joseph whipped his head back to Evelyn and sighed.

"No, I assume it's too deep inside that he lost his sense of pain but still alive because the jug Is there preventing him from bleeding out. I don't think we could do anything to help other than getting out of here and calling an ambulance"

"What happened? Can you talk?" Joseph asked getting a nod from him, blood spilled out his mouth as he managed to whisper a thick "Yes" that sounded more like "Yeth" because his tongue failed to make any movement just the voice coming out unsteadily.

"Okay, Okay you are going to be fine, don't freak out. Stef, tell me how this happened? Was it the shadow?" Joseph asked taking Stefano's hand in his and squeezing it to comfort the boy who's in a very critical condition.

"Yeth bhud tmyii jhsaw aahnther bujuhemonj width iderrs Boowee yethss" Evelyn sighed attempting to decipher everything he said word by word in her brain but it was just too unclear to them.

"Yes, but my jaw" Evelyn stopped when Stefano slowly shook his head. She glared at Joseph to take over.

"Yes," He attempted receiving a slow nod "but" he added, earning another nod "my" Stefano shook his head.

"Tie?" Evelyn fixed getting another shook. She took a few seconds to think as her brother threw more words that had 'ie' in it until she asked: "is it 'I' as in I, Me, Myself?" Stefano nodded so fast that the jug on his head moved inflicting more pain as if he wasn't already being torn by it.

"Yes, but I jaw? That doesn't make any sense" Immediately Evelyn knocked Joseph's forehead painfully causing him to react by accidentally bumping his shoulder to Stefano's.

"It's 'saw'  idiot" Joseph nods as Stefano hummed confirming Evelyn. Joseph felt pretty stupid after that, Evelyn kept guessing when suddenly Stefano's eyes began twitching starting from right then both.

In seconds, his whole body was convulsing, the boy hit the bottom of the pool pretty hard causing the jug in his stomach to move deeper into him. He couldn't scream as blood squirted out of his mouth like a water fountain, his seizure got worse and finally, his head turned and the jug just slipped then he was calm. Deadly calm.

Evelyn should be crying, scream until she loses her voice box but right now she could only stare as Joseph covered her mouth and pushed her down because they both saw a shadow of a woman with a gun moving toward their living room. If only Evelyn cried when Stefano drew his last breath Joseph would've been shot too.