He Came Back For Her

——

At the Avengers Compound,  all of them are gathered, including those who couldn't make it earlier for James' birthday.

Pepper, Laura, and Maria are in one group chatting among themselves when Stephen joins them.

"Hi" Christine greets the women in front of them.

"Hey, Christine right?", Pepper asks.

"Yes, my fiancé." Stephen announces. Christine smiled lovingly at that.

"Oh, congratulations.", they all congratulated the couple.

"Thanks, you all are invited." Chrisine says happily.

Not far from them, there's Valkyrie and Carol sitting at the bar, catching up with each other. Carol has been a little busy and couldn't visit Earth often the past few months.

Around the corner, a messy trio can be seen, Happy, Wong and Luis —who had to beg Scott to let him come with them. Wong was following Strange until Strange ditched him and found himself trapped with these two people.

The younger ones, Groot, Shuri, Peter, Cassie, Lila, Cooper, Morgan, Nathaniel and James are with Mantis and Drax in the front field of the compound. Camping, chasing each other, playing boardgames. Drax pretending to be invincible trying to help Mantis win the game.

Back inside, there's also Sharon, Sam and Bucky having good conversation in the kitchen. Chatting about their work and the bond they had outside work. Sharon has constantly been helping Bucky and Sam on their missions, whenever they needed one.

Moments later, T'Challa can be seen with Okoye and Bruce who has only arrived. Soon after, Okoye joins Peppers circle. While T'Challa and Bruce went over to where Steve's circle is.

Few feet from them, Scott and Hope are exchanging greetings with the sisters, Nebula and Gamora.

"Hey Blue. How's space?" Scott greets Nebula, "Who's this?".

"Gamora, my sister."

"Ohhh, you... look different.", Scott says, Hope nudges his side.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Hope."

Hope and Gamora shared a handshake. "It's nice to see you again." she smiles at Nebula.

"You too." Nebula responds.

"Excuse me." Gamora excuses herself to meet Natasha who just came in from checking on James.

"Hey." Natasha greets her as Gamora gets closer.

"Hi." They sat down at the bar where Carol and Val is. "I've heard your story."

Natasha grins, "Yeah, we somewhat came back from the Soul Realm, sort of.".

"Somewhat.".

From a distance, Quill, Rocket, Thor, Steve, Clint, Rhodey, Bruce and T'Challa are having their own conversations, occupying the biggest part of the common room.

"They're gonna get along pretty well.", Clint who can see Natasha and Gamora from a distance says.

Rocket with his glass of beer responds to that, "They got some real connection there, not everyone gets to spend time in the soul realm.".

"Yeah? You wanna go next?" Quill asks, a little annoyed.

"Whats wrong with you man, you're so sensitive." Rocket counters.