Welcome Back

Natasha visited the compound twice this week already, as it is the only place she allows Steve to spend time with his son. The Avengers at the compound has known he's the father by now— Sam and Bucky knew from the talk they had. Then, Thor, Rhodey and Peter follows. Rhodey was not surprised, he did thought of the possibility, being one of the longest she knew— being close to her— she might not told him but she's not trying to hide it from him either. And Peter who somewhat figured out still has a little exaggerated expression, amazed of how he turns out to be right.

They all congratulated him but not putting a big fuzz in it, understanding how painful it must have been for Natasha all along.

It's not foreign to them how Steve and Natasha are always by each others side that even if they haven't realized it between themselves, the others around them knows theres got to be a deeper connection there. They were afraid or just dumb to realize it when everyone else already does.

It's one of those times Natasha visits the compound when Pepper —who's been in Wakanda since the first time Tony woke up— called to inform them that Tony woke up the night before and is now stable and freely moving around.

"We'll fly there right away.", Natasha responds excitedly.

"Don't bother Nat, we're flying there tomorrow, okay? I know you all want to see him now but give him this day to rest.", Pepper speaks from the other line.

"Okay Pep, I'll tell the others."

"Is that Red?", Tony shouts from behind Pepper.

"Yeah but can you not move too much, you're still under observation. Wait until you get discharged tomorrow. God, Tony! If it's not for the fact that I almost lost you, I'd probably not have this patience with you right now." Pepper puts her phone on her ear once again.

Before anyone could speak, Tony started talking loud again, "Red, I gotta talk to you once I get back.". Tony despite his own situation, is just as happy hearing about Natasha's comeback.

"Tell him to not mess up and be sure he'll comeback healthy tomorrow or else he'll not get the story he is so curious about.", Natasha states knowing a part of Tony is probably curious about the soul stone.

They soon ended the call. Bruce leaving what he was doing to reunite with Tony who is now out of the intensive care unit. In his room there's Pepper, Morgan, Bruce and T-Challa catching up with him. Bruce told him about how he, Shuri and Dr. Cho is trying to recreate Vision and Tony willingly offers his help.

The morning after he was officially discharged and was advised to take it easy for at least few months until his body can fully adjust after sleeping for years and taking a huge damage in his right arm. Before they flew back, he went to check on Burce to give his evaluation and opinion on the project.

———

Everyone was there to welcome Tony —Rhodey, Natasha, Steve, Clint, Thor, Peter, Wanda, Sam, Bucky, and even Scott— Pepper suggested to have everyone at their house so he won't overwork himself but Tony insisted that the kids won't do anything to stress him and that he wanted to see how the Avengers compound has become.

Rhodey being the first to welcome him in a hug —the best friend Tony always have. The gratefulness between them from being reunited is evident. "You really shouldn't die on me twice Tony. That's gonna be the last of the last.".

Tony gave him a strong tap with his left arm. "I could have ride with you but I can't be snapping with you.", thinking how Rhodey reprimanded him about riding with him the next time he's on business trip back in 2008, after he survived the kidnapping. They gave each other a relieve smile, having another chance of reunion.