It's Nice Seeing You Again

A month passed and Steve still hasn't talked with Natasha. He was at the compound visiting his fellow Avengers, yes he has retired but he will always be a part of it though he'd only like to be called in when the world is in dire need of help which he hopes never to happen again.

He came to conclusion to visit them more often now, with the hopes that he'll get the answer he's been searching despite knowing no one will give it to him.

Wanda is on the phone with Natasha, she called to inform of her visit and Wanda told her that Steve is currently at the compound. "Are you sure you're still coming?" she asks doubtfully.

Natasha took a while but answered eventually, "Yeah, I guess it's time.".

Wanda on the other line smiled at the fact that she's finally opening herself to meeting Steve, "Are you bringing James?".

"No, not anymore." She responds instantly, "I'll leave him at Clint's.".

Wanda turned sensing Steve's presence at her door step, "Kiss James for me." she looks at Steve and gives him a smile. "See you, Nat. Bye.", then they hung up. Wanda raised an eyebrow at Steve in a tease of him eavesdropping.

"She's coming?" he leans on the door frame of her room, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to listen for the second time," he grins, "I was just going to ask you if you'd like something for lunch.".

"It's okay, I'm going to tell you anyways." she gave him a smile as an answer to his earlier question, "Do better this time.".

Steve subtly nods.

***

"You sure 'bout this?" Maria asks.

"Yeah. When was I not sure of things I'm about to do?" she counters, tilting her head a little to emphasize her point.

Upon arriving at the compound they were met by Sam and Bucky who just came in from a mission and still on their suits. After getting everyone back the world started to go as how it used to, with that they get small missions from time to time.

"Bout damn time." Natasha just smiles at Sam's remark and stepped closer to give him a hug.

"Wilson, Barnes." Maria greets them, professionally.

"Hey" Natasha says, lips slightly raised on one side, a way of greeting Bucky. He nods to return her greeting.

They all went inside and found Steve and Wanda sitting side by side in the common room. "Nat", Wanda stood up, went to Natasha and gave her a hug which she returns.

Natasha turned her gaze to Steve who's now on his feet. Steve wanted to embrace her, he hasn't seen her for years. Each day feels like a year trying to get her to show herself in front of him. His eyes are slightly watery, and he blinks it away trying to contain his feels. With all those realizations he had, he just wanted to hold her in his arms.

"Rogers." Natasha greets him first, she can't believe she's seeing him for the first time since he left. She felt happy yet she feels the pain all over again. The pain she's trying hard to forget, all came back like a waterfall without an end. She still manages to hide her emotions though, she's Natasha Romanoff after all.

"Hill..." he chokes as he continues, "Natasha." He can see it, for a moment he saw the pain in Natasha's eyes before she puts on her mask to hide it. He feels a tight squeeze in his heart, he can never forgive himself for giving Natasha that pain.