Thor's Back

The next day after they all agreed to the idea of recreating Vision, Bruce went to Wakanda to start discussing further with Shuri. Pepper and Morgan came with him.

Few days later Pepper and Morgan is back to their lake house. Natasha and James came to visit them. "How is he?" Natasha sat beside her with a plate of peanut butter sandwich on her one hand, offering Pepper some of it.

Pepper took a slice as she answers, "Not getting worse is the best we have.". She sets the sandwich back to the plate before standing up to get her phone, "You know what, we're less than three months away from James birthday now. I better start planning." She scrolls through her phone to call someone.

Natasha swallows the sandwich she was chewing and half shouts at Pepper, "You know I want it as simple as possible. I know you Pepper, don't even!"

A moment later a knock on the door can be heard, Natasha went to get it, already expecting who it will be. "God, you look mess." she exclaims.

Maria just rolled her eyes and went straight ahead, throwing herself on the couch. "Nick is stressing me out!" she complains.

Natasha sat opposite her looking at her furious friend, "You know he'll give you harder time if he hears you call him Nick."

"Whatever, I'm off duty so who cares." Maria reaches for some sandwich and took a big bite.

Natasha slouches on her seat asking, "What happened?".

Maria swallows and released a heavy breath, "The only constant in this world— he's secrets has secrets.".

"Hey there." Pepper greets her as she comes back from having a phone call. "Look at you... who did this to you?" gesturing to her appearance. Maria just rolled her eyes at her, knowing Pepper is exaggerating it to tease her.

***

Early morning at the compound, Happy was there to fetch Peter. He passed by the common room to get to Peter's, when he was startled by a sudden presence of an unexpected appearance. He jumps on his feet ready to throw curses at him, but he was able to collect himself before he does once he recognizes who it is. "God. Lit—rally! You scared the shit out of me. You know I could've thrown something at you. I might have hurt you!" he says without a pause as he's heart rate started to calm down at normal.

He's loud laugh is enough to wake up everyone in the compound. "You look like you're about to pee on your self!", he continues laughing in between his words, "You should've seen yourself!" Happy was about to protest so he tried to stop his laughter. "I'm sorry..." still trying to hold his laugh, "I didn't mean to scare you.".

"Thor" Steve who was on his way out for his morning run stopped for a moment to greet his friend whom he haven't seen in more than a year, "Captain" they shared a half hug and a pat on the back.

"Good to have you back here." Thor told Steve.

"Look who's talking." Rhodey chimes in as he enters the scene with Peter following him. Peter went near him, still having the same amount of amazement after seeing Thor for the 2nd time after the battle. "Oh my God." he exclaims softly.

Thor raises his brows in acknowledgment, "Yeah, I'm that..."

Peter counters back in realization, "Oh, I don't mean it that way... I mean, yes you are but I don't mean my... MY God. You know?" Peter awkwardly raises his arm in front of him hoping Thor's gonna grab it to pull him in for a hug but he didn't. Peter, feeling rejected settles for a tap on Thor's very broad shoulder, "It's nice to see you man... nice to see you again.". He withdraws his hand from him pressing his lips in a thin line feeling awkward not getting the response he's expecting.