James Turns 2

Months later.

Sun's out, sky is clear, a beautiful afternoon indeed.

Loud greetings from side to side, hugs, kisses and being passed from one person to another... that's how it is for the little red head. He just turned two.

James who used to always cling on to his favorite uncle, Clint has been following Bucky a lot these days. "Now that he got to meet his dad, seems like he found a new favorite." Maria states her observation.

"Always the best friends", Bucky —who's been a lot more 'Bucky' now that he's not only fixed by Shuri but has also reconciled with Tony.

Maria playfully argues, "I thought I was the best friend. Did-you-just-cheat-on-me'?", she shoots sharp looks over her, Natasha just sips on her orange juice.

"I thought I was too." Sam furrows his eyebrows, joining the fun conversation.

"We all are, they're just lucky they've known them earlier... the only reason they got the title officially.", Wanda says.

Tony's competitive ass starts commenting, "The easy way to a kids heart is by being capable of providing everything they want.", he puffed an air dramatically, "enjoy that 'favorite' title you have now because I'm gonna snatch it soon enough.".

"Okay everybody, that's enough it's time for candles and wishes.", Pepper announces, setting the cake ready. "Hand over the kid to his parents now."

Candles were lit, Steve carrying James with Natasha on their side. "Make a wish." Pepper says.

Without thinking otherwise, Steve made a wish of his own, —not his birthday, but did anyways. 'To always have them close, safe.'. selfishly —for the second time he wants her close... he wants both of them close. James. Natasha.

The afternoon went pretty quick, having fun really does make time feel shorter. Some of them already went back to the Avengers Compound, ready for the after party —the welcome back, the gathering party.

Steve and Natasha somewhat got a time alone for themselves. Sitting by the lake talking about the day til they're done recapping the celebration earlier and went quite. This silence is a lot peaceful now than the few ones they first shared after Steve's comeback. Natasha's done avoiding him, which made her feel lighter and for Steve, thankful.

"After we won, we took a moment to honor you... here. Everyone close to you, including those you work with during those 5 years, were here." Steve recalls, "We didn't have a body to burry, after I returned the stone it made sense... because we don't have to.".

Steve was looking ahead, elbows resting on his knees, hands clasped together. Natasha's eyes are on Steve, listening to every words he say. She knew they tried to give her funeral but it's going to be the first time she'll hear Steve's side of the story.

"We we're talking about giving you a funeral. I was hesitant... because I was hoping to get you back when I returned the stone... or at least get your body back. So we didn't, and see if any will work.".

Steve looked at her, "Thor went with the Guardians, with a strong will to get a way to bring you back.", he smiled still admiring Thor's strong will.

"I know." Natasha says. An all-knowing and the same thankfulness in her eyes.

Steve looks ahead them once again, "He was in denial, we all were... Not seeing what happened yet witnessed your absence when everyone has returned.".