Chapter 24: A Bouquet of White Roses

Jo

Meeting Mercy for the first time, no matter how unexpected it was, has been awesome. I woke up to an empty space beside me that morning and couldn't find Hero anywhere so I figured maybe he went back to his room to shower and change. Imagine my shock at finding two women sprawled on his bed when I opened the door using my spare key card. At first I thought, what the fuck?! Is he seriously having other women over after spending the entire night fucking me? But then Mercy leapt out of the bed, squealing and encased me in a tight bear hug, almost knocking the breath out of me. I was confused, who the hell are they? And then I finally got a good look at her features. The similarities of Hero and the woman hugging me are so uncanny, I instantly knew she was Hero's little sister, Mercy. After the initial shock and awkwardness on my part, she then introduced me to the other woman who's eying both of us with amusement. Elle, her name was, and she's a very close friend of both Hero and Mercy. She's nice and sweet but not as sweet at Mercy.

Mercy and I instantly clicked like two missing pieces in a puzzle. We've been hanging out for the past days, spending more time together than with Hero. Elle, Mercy and I would spend hours chatting, eating or watching movies after I get off from set-to Hero's disdain. He's been complaining that his sister has been hogging me to herself and that I barely spend my time with him anymore, which is sweet. So every night that he's been spending sleeping in my room, I always make it up for him, showing him how much I want his touch, his body against mine, his hot kisses.

All of these past days spent with barely enough time to rest has unfortunately taken a toll on my body. Today, on the day of my birthday of all days, I feel like shit waking up with my head pounding and my entire body aching. I could barely get out of bed to brush my teeth. The entire cast is scheduled to attend a book signing event at Barns and Noble here in Atlanta but I will just have to sit this one out. Anna says it's okay and that I should rest up but I feel bad about bailing.

"Don't feel bad that you aren't going love, you're sick. No one's gonna take that against you," Hero reassures me, running his hand up and down my arm as he lays beside me, waiting for Anna's go signal to go down the lobby.

"It just sucks, you know. I was really looking forward for this event, my first ever book signing," I pout.

"There will be another one during promo." His phone lights up and it's a text from Anna saying they'll be leaving in 10 minutes. Hero gets out of bed and kisses my cheek before finally heading out the door.

*****

Mercy and Elle are out, exploring the aquarium, which leaves me alone with nothing to do for the next hours but to sleep and watch movies. I'm bored out of my fucking mind and contemplating binge-watching Friends or How I Met Your Mother on Netflix when a series of knocks from my door catches my attention. Are the girls already back? With my aching body, I slowly make my way to the door and opening it without bothering to take a peep.

"Timothy?" I gasp, shocked at the man standing outside my room, staring sheepishly at me. It's been more than a month since I last saw him and we didn't really part on a good note, not after Hero punched him in the face.

What the hell is he doing here?

"Hey," he says nervously, fidgeting with the hem of his shirt and shifting on his feet.

"What... what are you doing here?" I stammer.

"Happy birthday," he attempts to smile but only manages a wince, pulling out a bouquet of white roses from his back.