Chapter 6: I Want To Kiss You

"I think that's enough alcohol for one night," she states, pushing her shot glass away from her like it holds some kind of infectious disease. Maybe it does.

I still can't wrap my head around our exchange in the past hour. She has a boyfriend and she basically confessed to liking me, if I am not just going over my head here.

What the fuck should I do now?

"I really want to kiss you Jo," I blurt out. What the fuck did I just say?! I can't take it back so I might as well stand my ground.

Her eyes widen and almost pop out of their sockets as she makes this sort of gagging and choking sound, her cheeks flushing profusely. "Hero, I have a boyfriend," she splutters.

"That doesn't change the fact the I still want to kiss you," I say, my words slow and low. I scoot closer to her, leaning my body to hers. She doesn't move and our faces are now only a fraction of an inch apart. My eyes zoom in on her luscious, naturally pink lips. They are slightly parted and I could smell her minty breath mixed with a tinge of tequila. Her breathing becomes shallow and laboured as she sits there, our lips almost brushing. I bring my hand to her cheek, tracing the contours of her face with my fingers, her breath hitching at the contact of my skin to hers.

"Please Jo, let me kiss you," I practically beg, holding on to the last thread of self-control left in me before I could crash my lips to hers. If she would just tilt her face up a smidge, her lips would finally meet mine.

She stares at me for a minute, alternating between looking into my eyes and gazing down at my lips before finally saying, "I think you better go, it's getting late." despite her words, she stays seated there, our faces still mere centimetres away from each other.

No!

"You don't mean that Jo," I whisper, my lips still hovering over hers. My hand travels down to her neck, cupping the back of her head and keeping her in place.

"Hero, please..." she whimpers and by the way she says the words, I can't tell if she wants me to pull away or go ahead and kiss her.

We're both fucking crazy and confused.

Instead of crashing my lips to hers, I dip my head lower and connect my lips to her jaw. She's so warm and her soft and smooth and delicious. I trail wet kisses, swiping my tongue and sucking the skin of her jaw down to her neck. A low moan escapes from her lips and it's the sexiest sound I've ever heard.

"Jo... you taste so good..." I groan against her neck before sucking the spot under her lobe. She whimpers, her hand gripping either sides of my shoulders.

And then she pushes me off her.

I stare at her, blinking my eyes and stunned by her rejection. I thought she liked what I was doing. She was moaning and whimpering from my touch and lips. I should have just kept my fucking mouth shut. It was like the moment I spoke, it snapped her out of the spell we were under.

"You should go," she states, not meeting my eyes. Her arms wrapped around her legs which are folded against her torso, her chin resting on her knees. Liked she's protecting herself from me.

Fuck!

"Jo, I'm sorry-"

"Just leave... please," she whispers.

Without a word, I leave her room and trudge back to my room. Despite the alcohol coursing through my system, I couldn't sleep thinking about how things will probably change between Jo and I. How I may have ruined something between us that haven't even started yet.

*****

The following day, Sunday, is spent hauled inside my room. I can't find it in me to get my ass off the bed and out of my hotel room even with Sam and Shane calling and texting multiple times, inviting me to lunch and even dinner. I feel exhausted from my lack of sleep the previous night after I got back from Jo's room. Not to mention the feeling of defeat after Jo's rejection of my advances.