Ch.11// Test Subject

Y/N's POV
Michael and I paraded into the house, posing like the picture on the comic book. I thought we nailed it, and it looked great, but we just kept getting weird looks from people. At least they didn't know it was us.

"Whatever, all their costumes are lame anyway." Michael grumbled, setting me on the floor, ripping off his mask, and stalking off. I leaned against a wall in the back, looked around, trying to scan the room for Jeremy. Instead of him I found Rich, raving through the house. He had a panicked expression and was yelling at people.

We made eye contact and he raced over to me.
"Y/N! Y/N you have to help me." He said grabbing my arms. I flinched, kind of freaked by his usual cool composure, completely broken.
"Rich, what's wrong?"
He rolled his eyes. "This is going to sound crazy, because it's been gone for over a decade, but do you have any-"
"Mountain Dew Red?" I finished for him.

He stared at me. "Do you?!"
I ripped my arms away from him to go find Michael, who was making his was to the bathroom.
"Michael! Michael we need the bottle!" I yelled.
He turned around and frowned.
"Where's Jeremy?"
"No, for Rich."

He frowned further but I pulled him aside, a little further down the hall.
"Dude, if we do this on Rich first, then we'll know if it works or not."
He was contemplating.
"And, he's offering to drink some willingly, probably unlike Jeremy."
I think he finally gave in, because he handed me the bottle and raced to Rich who looked like he was yelling at no one.

"Rich, here take this." I handed him the bottle.
He stared at it with an astonished expression before cracking it open and chugging half the bottle.
I stared at him for another second before a zap so intense, I heard it, went flying from his head.
He screamed in pain and fell to the floor. I was scared, I didn't know what to do. What the he'll just happened? Why did he just scream like that? Did I just kill him? What... what did I do?
The only thing I could think was to sit next to him on the floor, stroking his hair.

"It's going to be okay Rich. It's going to be okay." I was breathing pretty heavily, and mostly mumbling the words to myself.
The sight of Rich, screaming and collapsing to the floor, the sight of him laying there now unconscious, really scared me.
A hand touched my shoulder but I still ran my fingers through his hair, unable to control my breathing.

"Y/N, come on we should take him to the hospital." A voice ripped through my thoughts.
The hospital. They could help him.
"O... okay."
The hand came down and held mine, pulling me to my feet. Michael kissed my forehead and hugged me quickly, leaning down and throwing Rich over his shoulder.
"Come on, we'll take my car." He said.

We weaved through the house, trying to find the front door, but there was a strange noise coming from upstairs.
CRACK! Fizzzle....
And then there was screaming, doors flying open, and kids running down the stairs.
Michael and I stared at each other, and I pushed past a couple kids to see what was going on.

The house was on fire.
The house... was on fire.
I spun around, running to Michael.
"We have to get out of here."

.
OOP, weren't expecting that hmmm?
If Rich is unconscious, I wonder WHO set the fire now?