Ch.4// The Mall

Y/N's POV
We sat down at the food court, and Jeremy liked at the pill with his index finger while Michael and I watched with anticipation.
"Well, here goes... everything."
He swallowed the pill and gulped the green, fizzy beverage, blinking widely.

I gripped Michael's arm and vise versa as we watched his reaction, any noticeable change at all, but there was none.
"So?! How do you feel?" Michael blurted.
"I feel liiiiiiiiiikke... a chump!" He explained, slamming his hands down in the table in frustration.

"Really? Nothing?" I asked, checking his exterior for some surefire signal it worked.
"Try to say something cool." Michael let go of my arm and leaned forward, staring down Jeremy and bouncing his leg.

"I feel like I just blew my Bar Mitzvah money on a wintergreen tic-tac."
I giggled at my brother's monotone attitude and Michael rolled his eyes.
"Okay, not cool..."
"Just... leave me to mourn in my chili fries!"
He whined, slumping is head down and picking at his food.

We stood up and I ruffled his curly brown hair sadly. "Five minutes." I promised.
"Wait, where are you guys going?"
Michael and I shared a look and smiled.
"I know this guy at Spencer's Gifts, who's hooking me up with a case of Crystal Pepsi!" Michael squealed.
"It's like regular Pepsi, just clear!" I shook the table with excitement.

"Wasn't that discontinued in the 90's?"
Michael clapped his hands loudly and we ran off. "That's what makes it so awesome!"
We ran off towards Spencer's Gifts, and wandered in.
"I'm going to go talk to him, k?" He waved and I looked through merchandise.

I scanned through cheesy little things, and found a cup full of paintbrushes. My brain flashed back to my encounter with Rich, and I felt my cheeks heat up at the memory of our kiss. Now, he did act weird afterwards, but then he helped out my brother.
So... good noodle points in my book at least.

I pulled down my sleeve and traced over the curvy lettering on my wrist with my finger, blushing at the sight.
There was a tap on my shoulder and I jotted around, seeing an insanely happy Michael towering over me, with a case of Crystal Pepsi under his arm. Dang that was super fast.

"Whatcha lookin' at?" He smiled looking down.
I tried to yank my sleeve down but he already caught a glimpse, and gasped.
"You found your soulmate?! No way! Who? When did you kiss?! Does Jeremy know?"
He listed off on a long rant of questions, and I almost hoped he'd tire himself out till he passed out, but I was not as fortunate.

"Okay, first... who is it?!" He squealed.
I sighed and pulled down my sleeve, repacking the neat Goranski print.
He gasped with even more flair, before dropping the soda.
"You, and... Rich? Why did you two kiss?!"
I shrugged.
"It just sort of happened. And yes, Jeremy knows."

He breathed out. "Oh good."
He checked his watch.
"Speaking of Jeremy," he picked the case off the floor and headed towards the door.
"Let's go!" We headed out and back to the food court, but Jeremy was no where to be found.
We looked around and he wasn't here, so we assumed he went home.

We walked out and sat in Michael's Cruiser, tearing open the canister and cracking the tops of soda bottles.
"Okay. 1...2...3!" We both knocked it back and swallowed.
It was disgusting.
I rolled down the window and spit it out, coughing and hacking.

"That was... awful." He mumbled.
We stared at each other and laughed hard.
"Let's go get Jer."

.