Ch.10// Garbage Monster

Michael's POV
I bopped to my locker, shoving my car keys in my book bag and checking my watch.
Shoot, 5 minutes till class started.

I slung my book bag over my shoulder, and closed my locker, but before I headed off, two arm wrapped around my waist.
I looked down and Y/N was clinging to my waist, crying.
"Hey, hey what's wrong?"
I sling my headphones around my neck and her crying was much more clear now.

She wiped her eye and looked up at me, her eyes red and puffy.
"J-Jeremy... we... we have to *sniffle*... help him." She stuttered out.
"What? Did something happen?" I hugged her back, tracing lines down her back comfortingly.
"N-no... he just... he needs our help. He's getting unbe...bearable!"

"Did he do something? Why are you crying?"
She stayed silent before slowly muttering into the fabric of my sweatshirt,
"He shoved me on the floor and called me a loser." Her voice monotone.
"He... what?"

I pulled away and she looked so mad now.
"I think I know how to get rid of it, but we need to go to Spencer's Gifts." Behind her angry exterior was a devious smirk.
"You got it." I smiled, and reopened my locker, pulling my car keys out.
"Wait, right now?"
I nodded and grabbed her hand to drag her out to my car. "Come on, saving Jeremy has no time limit! We must go now!" I beckoned.

She laughed and hopped in the Cruiser, but before we left she fumbled with her hands and held a sheepish expression, staring at me.
"What's up?" I laughed.
Her face tinted slightly pink.
"I know saving Jeremy 'has no limit' but uh... there's always time for slushies right?"
I laughed and started the car.
"Always."

*time skip*

Y/N's POV
After getting slushies, and waiting forever to get the soft drinks, we finally got a couple cases of Mountain Dew Red.
On the way back it was already 4:30, so Michael said we could just meet at his house, since we usually do that anyway.

"Dude, you know what I just remembered!"
I threw my book bag down and exclaimed to Michael, who was already sat down on a beanbag.
"You're scheming." He sighed.
"No I'm not."
"Yes you are, that's your scheming look."
I rolled my eyes and threw my controller at him.
"Just listen. Tonight is Jake Dillinger's Halloween party. I know like half the school is going to be there!"

Michael stood up.
"Jeremy is half the school!"
I laughed. "He's part of half the school!"
"Same thing. If we bring this with us, we can get that thing out of him!"
I smiled and nodded.
"Oh, but if we're going to go we need disguises." He frowned.
"Right...." my eyes trailed to the trash can, and I smiled.
"You're scheming." He said with a smile this time.

I picked up his trash can, full of snack wrappers and old cans.
"Okay... I don't like where this is going."
I walked to his bookshelf and pulled out his Garbage Man issue #4.

He stared between the garbage and the comic book, a smile creeping up on his face

"It's great! And easy."
I smiled and nodded.

"But I get to be the trash monster." I smiled.
He shook his head profusely.
"Absolutely not, I will not be the woman. I'm the garbage man."
I rolled my eyes and dropped his garbage can.
"Fine." I grumbled.
"Let's go save our bud!" He yelled, running up the basement stairs with his trash can.

.