Thanksgiving-TylerFlex

Start writing your story

Tyler never thought things with Aston would get so serious so quickly. Yet here he was sitting at the thanksgiving dinner table with Aston and his family. He felt so out of place; mainly because of his outfit. No one was dressed in anything really fancy and Tyler was wearing his light pink bomber jacket with his newest chuck le fleurs he just dropped on his site. Maybe it was just him over thinking. Aston rubbed Tyler's thigh and smiled at him, Tyler smiled back and felt himself calm down. Aston always came to his aid right when he needed it most. 

"So, Tyler! Aston has yet to tell us about your work! We know you're a performer but that's really it." Aston's mom said and Tyler looked up from his plate. "Oh, well yeah uh, I produce write and sing all my music. And I have my own clothing brand; three different ones if I remember. OH and I've made a tv show too, technically two." He explained; getting giddy about talking about his work. His mom had a surprised look on her face. "Son you didn't tell me you were with an amazing jack of all trades!" Aston's dad beamed. At first he was a bit unsure about Aston dating another man, but shit if he's successful? He had no objections. The dinner was filled with multiple questions about Tyler and his life, and Aston was happy that his family was so approving of Tyler. 

While the children were clearing the table and Aston's parents washing dishes the couple made their way to the front porch. Tyler leaned on the railing as Aston approached him and wrapped an arm around him. He placed a gentle kiss on the younger mans cheek and smiled at him. "You're apart of the family now, welcome to hell on earth." He joked and Tyler cracked a smile. He couldn't stop thinking; wondering what his family was doing right now. It was so weird being accepted into someone else's family when his own won't even call him. It saddened him to think about it. Aston must have been able to pick up on his sadness and pulled him into a hug. "I don't know what's got you so down, but you know I'm here right? You can tell me anything." Aston said and Tyler buried his face in Aston's chest. "Yeah..I know." He said; sounding a bit muffled as he replied.

Aston rubbed his back and held him until Tyler let go of him. "I love you." He said abruptly and Aston looked at him with wide eyes. Tyler had no idea why he said it, but he just knew for sure. He loved Aston. Aston cleared his throat as he tried to form his own words. "Are you like, serious? Or are you trolling again, you like to do that a lot you know." He joked and Tyler shook his head. "I don't joke about shit like this. I love you." He said it again and Aston felt his heart sped up. It was silent between the two and Tyler was starting to regret saying anything. He started fiddling with his hands and spoke up. "You don't have to say it back, I was just acting on impulse. Sometimes when I think something I tend to say it out loud without thinking about-" Aston put his hand up to stop him and held his arms.

"I love you T." He said firmly and Tyler let a goofy smile fall upon his face. He felt like such a goober for even thinking Aston didn't feel the same. Aston gave him a kiss and pulled back with a small smile on his face. "You know I'm like really bad at expressing feelings, but I wasn't going to just not say anything. Because I know for sure I love you. A lot. Like I could marry you love." Aston said and Tyler's eyes widened. "Then let's get married." He said quickly and Aston raised his eyebrows. "Dead ass?" He said and Tyler grinned. "Dead ass." Aston laughed as he pulled his now fiancee into a hug. Tyler hugged him back. They broke their hug and a small voice spoke. "Can I be the flower girl?" Tyler looked down to see Aston's niece standing there with a plate holding a slice of pie on it. "Hell yeah, gimme some of that pie too." Tyler replied as he went after the little girl who ran away squealing with plate in her hands, 

Aston smiled and shook his head as he walked back into the house. His parents were sitting on the couch; his brother was finishing up the dishes in the kitchen and all the kids were in the living room play fighting with Tyler. Aston sat down with a sigh in the love seat and watched them play. The niece Tyler was chasing earlier had hopped off of Tyler's chest and pointed at Aston. "Grammy, pa pa! Uncle Aston is getting married to Tyler!" She said happily and his parents looked at him with surprised looks. Aston was about to explain himself when his mother interrupted him. "So you just gon propose at my house and not let the family see?" She scolded him and Aston chuckled. "Ma it wasn't planned really, we didn't have a ring and it just kind of came up." He tried to explain and Tyler nodded his head while he was in a head lock.

"NO RING!? That's even worse! Baby go get grandma's ring from my jewelry box." She ordered her husband to do and he got up and went upstairs. He came back down with a box and handed it to Aston. "MARCUS! Get yo ass in here!" His mother yelled and Marcus came out with an eyebrow raised. "Ma what?" He said and his mother pat the open spot next to her. "Sit down." He sighed and took a seat. "Aight now do it for real Aston, swore I raised you better than this." Aston rolled his eyes and stood up. "Cmere T." He said and Tyler gently moved the kids off of him and stood. He brushed himself off and stood in front of Aston. Aston got down on one leg and presented the ring. "Tyler Gregory Okonma, will you marry me?...Again?" He said and Tyler held in a laugh.

"This a serious moment boys cut it out." His mom scolded the two. Tyler pretended to act all surprised and even fanned his face as if he were about to cry. "Oh my gosh yes! Yes! I'll marry you." He gushed and Aston slid the ring on to Tyler's ring finger. The two shared a kiss and the family cheered. Aston gave Tyler yet another hug and smiled. 

"Welcome to the family T."