High Tensions- Jyler

yall know what df going :^*

Over the few weeks of the two teens confirmed relationship, things had been on and off. Of course, since the library things had started off a little awkwardly but things had relaxed between them. It seemed like the more they saw each other the more coincidences brought them together. It was weird, how they were so mismatched yet clicked all the same. They had different friend groups and different interests. Their lives weren't one lick alike, and it was noticeable from a mile's length.

In due time they seemed to click together. Imperfect and very different, but the time they spent with each other was enjoyable to say the least.

In those few weeks of running into each other, the two began to feel.. weird. John, more than the other. Every time he was around Tyler he felt.. finicky. A little off the rails and shaky. He was a quiet guy, and had that humor that made many people question was he sane. Yet, in Tyler's presence that just wasn't the case. He was strangely more quiet than he was normally, and found himself physically responding to everything the high school wrestler did. It wasn't noticeable to himself, but it was enough for him to notice.

And that was enough for his thoughts to go haywire.

John wasn't the only one acting weird though. Tyler seemed to be a little more dominant when it came to what they did. Not vast gestures, but small ones that the white man took notice of. The older chose what they did, when and where. If something didn't align in their schedules there was often a change instead of a reschedule. That meaning Tyler encouraged him to drop shit so they could hangout when they got the idea too.

If John had plans to hangout with his other friends, Tyler would come out and tell him to drop it so they he could hangout instead. And he did, because strangely he wanted to be with Tyler as much as he could. One thing that the two did have in common was that their schedule were very tight knit. Since they were in their own extracurricular activities involving school, some weeks were busier than most. That's the only thing they didn't cut into in each other's lives. Their sport was important to them, and they had a mutual respect for that when it came to time and effort practicing after school and before.

Tonight, John had a track meet after school and when telling Tyler this instead of said male saying bye to him he asked to come watch.

"Nah, I don't mind." John shrugged after a moment of giving the older a confused look. It was really his choice anyway if he wanted to attend or not.

Tyler glanced him over and grinned, pulling out his phone so he could notify his parents of him staying after school. More like confirming it, since he brought it up before school when he found out a meet was that evening.

"Alright, bet. I'll see you after if you don't see me in the crowd. Aight?" He asked, raising an eyebrow as if he was waiting for John to confirm his thoughts.

A nod was given in return, John smiling softly before Tyler took that as his cue to leave and walked in the opposite direction to his last class. A strange feeling filled his stomach, realizing someone like Tyler would be coming to his track meet.

Not someone like Tyler but Tyler himself... He just couldn't figure out why the wrestler was so much more special than anyone else that had came to his track meets.

-

( if yall think im bouta write about a nigga running you are surely fucking mistaken 🏃)

Practice seemed longer than usual but he knew it was probably that mental feeling that always occurred when you were excited for something. Tyler had eluded to the fact that they would hang out just for a little bit after everything was finished up, and he couldn't say he was upset about it. Even though he was a little excited, he didn't seem to rush as the team leaked into the boys locker room. Usually he was one of the firsts to rinse off and leave, but the rest of the team must have had their own plans too because they were in more of a rush than he was. As soon as he got in it was like he was the only one who entered.