Frenemies- Jyler

For my nigga John(irl) since he ain't think I was finna write dis one shot

Tyler and John have been frenemies for at least two years. With them both liking the same girl, it was always competition between one another. John never thought much of it but Tyler used to take it so seriously. But after both being rejected by the girl of their dreams they were stuck. What do they do now? John took it as an opportunity to try and become friends with the other boy. He sent him a text saying he wanted to hang out and got the usual water gun emoji but this time with a thumbs up. John chose to have them hang out at the library, you know an open public space. No possibilities of the two trying to fight or anything.

John was already at the library waiting in the corner away from everyone else. There were some bean bag chairs in the corner and he had taken residence in one. You really couldn't see anything in the little nook that he was in; the place was surrounded by book shelves so if someone really wanted to see what was going on in there they'd have to walk in there. Which is why it took Tyler a minute to get there. John had to wave to him to get his attention. The library was pretty much empty, it was a friday afternoon. Tyler was a bit annoyed; he could've been hanging with friends or going to work but for some reason he felt compelled to meet John.

John motioned to the bean bag next to him and Tyler dropped his book bag on the ground and flopped into the bean bag next to him. "So why are we here?" He asked as he pulled his phone out and scrolled through Instagram. John shrugged as he watched Tyler as he lounged back in the bean chair and scrolled aimlessly through all of his social media. A brilliant idea sprung into John's head and a hint of a smirk appeared on his face. "I bet I could beat you if we wrestled." John challenged him and Tyler looked up at him with a blank stare. "Sure nigga." He tossed his phone to the side and stood up. He pulled his pants up since they tend to hang a little low on him a majority of the time. John got up as well; making sure to take his lanyard off so it wouldn't get tangled up while the two wrestled.

(listen nigga ion know like specific moves for wrestling so bare with me)

On the count of three the two went at it. At one point Tyler had the upper hand but John easily over came him and had Tyler pinned. He grinned and looked down at Tyler who seemed to be struggling quite a bit. "Told you, You didn't put up much of a fight." He said confidently and Tyler rolled his eyes and let him think he was actually winning. "To think Aaryn almost picked you; why pick a guy who can't even defend himself?" John said and that set something off in Tyler. With all his strength he threw John off of him and pinned him on the ground. John was caught off guard and trying to scramble up in time to plan his defense but the brown-skin boy was already up and ready to attack him again. Tyler jumped at him again and instead of letting himself being pinned simply by weight difference he started to roll.

It could have been a tussle for dominance, or it could've been burning out their pent up emotions. Either way, it got heated in whatever way that was mutual. In the quiet library a scuffle could be heard. The sounds of them grabbing each other's jackets and shirts, the scrape of their shoe soles against the Library's carpet, and their heavy breathing could be heard. Amongst themselves of course. They weren't aware of the people that could've been entering the public place in that moment, too caught up in the force they had to exert to overpower the other one.

By the time they finally stopped to breathe, Tyler was on top this time. They panted, John's face red from exhaustion and feeling sweaty and warm under his black hoodie. Tyler looked down at him, a light sheen on his forehead and a glare in the white teen's direction. "Fuck you invite me here for, nigga? What you want from me?" He panted, not knowing what this was all for. He thought that since their beef was over, the reason for them to even correspond with each other had dissipated. It just confused, and strangely annoyed, him. What was the reason for it all now?

John relaxed into the carpet, finding that was only able to cool him. It was a weird desire to be friends with the guy he supposedly had a feud with. But he had it, and of course he chased it. He wanted a deadass friendship without even knowing where the urge came from. Wasn't that backwards? His body had regenerated the energy to push Tyler off him, feeling like he didn't know he was butting all his fucking weight on his abdomen. Tyler got the hint and moved away, leaning against a bookshelf and waiting patiently for his much desired answer.

"I want to be cool with you. Friends or whatever." John huffed, sitting up and leaning against the bookshelf opposite of the one Tyler was leaning against. It was quiet after that. Only the sounds of their breathing, until even that got quiet enough to where it was almost quiet.

Tyler had gotten an appropriate answer to his question but that didn't at all fix his confusion. It actually gave him more questions. The fuck did he want to be cool like that for? "Why." He pressed again and it had to be something about the way he was sitting there; out of breath, a few beads of sweat dripping down his face, and his shirt clinging tightly to his body that made John feel something weird in his gut. It almost made him want to act on that feeling but he suppressed it and only shook his head of any impure thoughts.

"Maybe we missed out on a great friendship with Aaryn getting between us." He suggested and Tyler raised an eyebrow. "We are not a like at all. You're a fucking nerd, I'm actually cool. The only thing we have in common is that we wear glasses." He deadpanned and John smiled a bit. "Having glasses could be a great conversation starter, where do you get your glasses from?" He said sarcastically and Tyler pretty much had enough. He stood and grabbed his shit and was almost about to leave before John grabbed his arm to stop him.

"I know you don't really understand why we should be friends but I just have this gut feeling that we should. And most of the time when I trust my gut I'm right. So just give it a chance?" He asked and Tyler looked at him. He studied his facial features and watched as John attempted to give him puppy eyes. Tyler sighed and fixed his glasses. "Fine nigga, we can be friends or whatever." John grinned and without hesitation pulled Tyler in for a hug. John wasn't sure why he did that; he's not the type of person that gives hugs or receives them. He's not the touchy type at all. Tyler literally didn't know what to do so he slowly but surely wrapped his arms around John and awkwardly pat his back.

The two stood there for a while, wondering who was going to let go first. But eventually Tyler let go; even as he let go his fingers traced down John's arm and straight to his finger tips before letting go. John felt his heart speed up at the tingling sensation that Tyler's hands left on his arm. Then without hesitation John felt his body move on command and everything went in slow motion. John stepped forward and leaned in, his lips grazing Tyler's cheek and nearly touching his lips but he pulled back before anything could pop off.

Before Tyler could even get a word out, John grabbed his things and left the library as fast as he could. Leaving a very confused Tyler standing there. 

Class sure was going to be awkward tomorrow.