Chapter 30:Trixie

Trixie's POV

Katya and I watched the sun rise, as we laid in my bed. I had to come home to take care of my fluffy babies and Katya came along with me. "Trixie?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you ever get lonely in this house?"

"What do you mean?'

"Well, your house isn't small by any means and you are the only person here, so I was just wondering."

"Why do you think I have three cats?"

"Really?"

"Well, half and half. I stopped feeling lonely a while ago, but lately to be honest I have been feeling that way lately."

"Why?"

"Want the true?"

"Yes."

"I've gotten used to having you here with me, or being with you that it does actually feel lonely here. But then again, I get that feeling everywhere you aren't. Yesterday, at the office I felt lonely."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. You needed time alone, and I understand that. But, I am happy that you called me when you didn't want to be alone anymore. Katya, no matter what you go through I will be here. I will walk with you when you need me to and love you the same when it is all over. I will be here when the waters are raging, when it gets dark, even when I am unsure, and I will make sure I am here when it is all over. I'll help you pick up the pieces."

"You don't have to be here."

"I know, but you want to hear something?"

"Sure."

"I want to be here." Katya smiled and held my hand.

"You're pretty great."

"And I think you are too."

"Hey, can we go into the office?"

"For?"

"Well, I want to work on the painting in the lobby. I want to get it done as soon as possible."

"Okay, hey I was thinking we have a party when it is done. You know, to show everyone?"

"Do we have to?"

"No, but think about it?"

"Okay, I can do that."

"Thank you. Well, we should get up and get going."

"Sounds like a plan."

Katya and I went to the office and she got to work immediately. It was so entertaining, watching her put her ideas into action. I was sitting on the floor, working on a few new things. It was about 10pm when Katya finally put down the paint brushes. She stepped back and smiled. She sat next to me but then decided to lay her head in my lap, after moving my laptop. "How's it going?"

"Well, I think it is easier than most things I've painted."

"Yeah, because painting a fucking wall is easy."

"I mean the free flowing of ideas. There are no boundaries holding me back."

"You sound like such a hippie."

"Nope, that is fully you. I've seen your closet."

"Oh, shut up. I'm going to get some tea, want something?"

"A red bull."

"Of course. Um, you have to move your head for me to get up."

"Do I?"

"Yes you do."

"Ugh, fine." Katya sat up and frowned at me.

"Aw, you shouldn't do that."

"Whatever." I smiled and kissed Katya's head before walking to the break room. I made myself a cup of tea and got Katya a red bull. I grabbed a few of the blueberry muffins Dela made and walked back into the lobby. I sat down and handed Katya her red bull and a muffin. "Aw, aren't you just the sweetest girlfriend ever?" I looked at Katya, a bit confused. "What?"

"Is that what I am?"

"Is that what you want to be?"

"Is that what you want me to be?" Katya smiled as she took a bite of her muffin.

"Well, I wouldn't have said it if I didn't." I smiled and sat next to Katya. "Trixie."

"Yes?"

"You're blushing."

"Ugh, no I'm not."

"You kinda are."

"Oh whatever." Katya stood up after she finished her muffin and went back to painting. I couldn't do anything but watch in awe. I was Katya's girlfriend. I had to let that sink in, let that word and what it meant sink in. Katya turned around and smiled at me. "Trixie, could you come here?"

"Oh, for what?" I walked to Katya and watched as she moved a chair.

"Sit here." I sat down, more confused than before.

"Just sit here and look pretty."

"Katya, I have a bare face and my hair is a mess."

"You are beautiful, no matter what." Katya smiled as she put her hand on my cheek. She softly kissed me and I knew that this was one of the best decisions I had ever made.