Chapter 19:Katya

Katya's POV
Trixie and I had been getting along quite well, in and out of the office. After our first sleepover, we decided to have them every other weekend, and then go to work together on Monday. I enjoyed having her as my friend, it was nice. Tomorrow night was the first Monday of the month, which meant the party for Adore. Trixie had asked for my help with the party, considering the fact Adore is my friend. Trixie warned me that she was inviting her friends and that they would probably give me the full rundown even though her and I were only friends. I had to make sure to look good, I needed to. It was Trixie's weekend to host the slumber party but I begged her to let me, after a whole week of me begging, she gave in. The truth is, I needed the whole week and weekend to pick something to wear. Trixie already had her dress, shoes, makeup and hairstyle chosen. That is what happens when your friends are beauty experts. I sat on my bed surrounded by piles and piles of clothes. Clothes that reflected my failure at being a normal person. "Looks like you've been busy." I looked up to see Trixie leaning against my door with her arms crossed.

"Ugh shush up. How was your nap?" Trixie walked over to one of the piles and kneeled down.

"It was nice, thank you."

"How's that headache?" Trixie held up a dress and put it back in the pile. She did that with a few others before looking at me.

"It isn't as bad as it was. I told you it was from laughing at watching you trying to play Mortal Kombat."

"Hey! I told you I was bad at games."

"Well I didn't think you meant that bad." Trixie turned her attention back to the clothes. She looked as if she was filing things away in her head, like she had a set checklist for what she was looking for and nothing she had in hands, met all the requirements on that checklist.

"Whatever. Hey, what are you going over there?"

"Looking."

"For?"

"Something to wear."

"Sad to tell you Trix, and not to overstep as your friend but your body isn't meant for my clothes. Too much hips and other um assets." Trixie looked at me and threw one of my shirts from high school at me.

"I mean for you idiot. I know you've been worried about the party tomorrow so I wanna help."

"Do I have to go? I mean it's not like I'm a big deal you know."

"Katya, you are a very big deal. You matter just like the rest of us. And you don't have to do anything, but I would like if you came. Please?" I groaned and fell back onto my bed, avoiding eye contact with Trixie. "Kat, I know you hear me." I covered my head with a pillow and said nothing. Trixie threw another piece of clothing at me to try and get my attention. "Katya, answer me." I could hear Trixie move and then there was silence. I was about to take the pillow off of my head until I felt Trixie jump on me. She pulled the pillow off of my head and pinned me down. "I told you to answer me."

"Trixie, why do you always have to resort to this?"

"Because it gets your attention." Trixie paused and looked at me with a sly smile on her face. "Plus, you look cute when you blush and get all flustered. Now that I have your attention, I am going to pick out your dress got it? I will pick your shoes and I will send Aja to do your hair and Kim to do your makeup."

"Wait what?"

"Yep. Let me Kat, please." I sighed as I looked up at Trixie.

"Fine."

"What was that?" Trixie put her hand by her ear and leaned closer to me.

"I said 'fine' you whore." Trixie bounced up and down on me and clapped her hands.

"Goodie. I will go call them and then after I am beating you in a few games again." Trixie leaned down and kissed my cheek before getting off and running to call her friends. I got off of the bed and walked to my mirror. I looked at myself and the pink lipstick mark on my face.

"Wow, okay. Don't know what just happen but it will be okay Katya. She is your friend." After a few minutes I heard Trixie yell my name from downstairs.

It was Monday, 5pm. I walked to my car as I looked at my phone. Trixie had sent me home early so I could start getting ready. She was talking about how Kim and Aja had so much planned for me. Last night, Trixie went through my whole closet until she decided I needed something new. She demanded for me to give her my size in dresses and shoes. In order to avoid being sat on again, I told her. As I drove home I could only think about what was going to take place tonight. Aja was the one bringing me the dress and shoes, and for some reason that scared me.

I pulled into my drive way and got out. I unlocked the door and was greeted by my cat and Trixie's. I loved when she left them here. The little white fluff balls were adorable. I fed all four cats and walked upstairs. I decided to take a quick shower to relax myself. This was going to be the first time that I would be alone with Trixie's friends. She told me not to worry but shit that doesn't stop my head from trying to make me back down. Part of me wanted to just turn off all the lights, lock the doors, and go missing until the night was over. Although I couldn't do that to Adore, I couldn't go that to Trixie, and well I couldn't do that to myself. I had come so far and well I really didn't want to go back, I was making new friends and that is something I didn't want to stop doing. As I stepped out of the shower, I heard the doorbell ring a few times. I wrapped a towel around myself and rushed downstairs. "I'm coming, I'm coming." I opened the door and was greeted with a smile from Trixie's two friends.

"Ayo sis. Trixie sent us over to doll you up and make you look pretty for her." Trixie's friend, Kim, hit Aja's arm. "Sorry, I mean she wants us to make you look nice for tonight."

"Yeah, heh. Come in." Aja and Kim walked in and looked around. "Um, I'm sorry about being um undressed, I just took a shower."

"It is okay Katya." Kim smiled softly at me.

"Would you two like anything to drink? Any snacks?"

"Water would be nice. Where would you like us to set up?"

"Oh, hmm. In the living room is fine, there is a chair in there already." Kim and Aja nodded their heads and walked into the living room. I walked in the kitchen and grabbed two bottles of water. I took a deep breathe and told myself it would be okay. Its okay Yekaterina. They are just people, just people. Two people who seem sweet. I walked into the living room with a smile on my face, while in was screaming on the inside. "Here you ladies go."

"Thanks sis."

"Yes, thank you Katya. Now we should get started so you are ready in time. Trixie has sent us pictures of the hairstyle and makeup she would like us to do. So you just sit back and relax."

"Yeah, I will try." I sat in the chair as Kim looked sorted through all of her products. Aja sat on the sofa behind Kim and I.

"So, Katya how is it working for Trixie?" Aja chewed on a piece of gum as she spoke.

"It is nice. Everyone is really sweet, they all are so welcoming."

"That is good. She really likes you, you know? She talks about you all the time. Her favourite part of the week are your weekends together." Kim looked at Aja and shook her head as she started on my base makeup.

"Wait, really?" Kim looked at me and smiled.

"Yeah, really. She really enjoys your company. She is so used to us, the same old people, but you brought  fun to her life. You know, something new? All of us are super happy to see her happy again." I could feel a warm feeling in my chest as I thought about Trixie being happy because of me, so happy that even her friends noticed. After Kim finished my makeup, Aja did my hair. She curled my hair and after she was done, gave me the dress and shoes. I looked at myself in the mirror and was almost brought to tears as I looked at myself. "You look beautiful Katya."

"Yeah sis, Trixie did a good job." I decided I could make it through the night, not only for Adore, but for Trixie, and even myself.