2 May 2011

Dear diary,

Guess what? I'm in a house! I've never been even happier! I've got new clothes now and neat hair! What? You're confuse? Well, let me tell you from the start. It all happened when I put you down. I'll write it in story format okay!

"Jai! Beau! Luke! Hold on! We can't catch up with you if you keep walking at that speed!" A voice spoke.

"Well hurry up slowpokes! We're going to be late for dinner!" Another voice spoke.

I looked up from where I was. At the other end of the alley, I could see what looks like three figures. They looked like teenage boys. Then, one of them turned and face my direction. He locked his eyes on me. "Dude. Who's that?" He asked tapping the other boy at his side. Now they all turn to look at me. Soon, another two boys joined them. They all looke at me with surprised looks. I got scared. Ever since the incident with my dad, I was scared of boys. Then, one of the boys walked towards me. He had slight curly hair and brown eyes. He also had a piercing on his mouth. He wore a beanie too. My heart started to pound faster. He kept going closer and closer to me. I lost it and jumped from where I was and ran backwards further into the alley. "It's okay. I'm not going to hurt you!" He said, gently. I didn't trust men but my heart seemed to be opened to him. "I.. I.. I'm O..liv..via," I stuttered. He held out his hand and said," I'm Luke." I slowly put out my hand to shake his. He kneeled down. "What are you doing here Olivia?" He asked. Maybe I could trust him? "My dad left me last year and my mum died a few days ago. I have no where to live. I'm hungry too," I explained. He stood and walked towards his friends. I thought he was going to leave me alone but he came to me again. This time, with the other guys. He again, kneeled down to me. "Olivia. These are my brothers, Jai and Beau. The other two are my friends. Daniel and James," he introduced while pointing to each of them. "You can call me Skip!" Daniel said. I waved at them. "Now Olivia, come home with us and you'll be safe okay?" He said gently. Mum told me to never trust strangers but I think I can trust Luke. I nodded my head. Luke stood up and held out his hand like as if I was a princess. I grabbed it and we trotted to their house. Their house looked like my house from a far. The house I used to live in with my parents. My happy parents. My thoughts ran away when Luke carried me up his shoulders. Jai knocked on the door. A lady came out. She was a pretty lady. "Hi Mum!" The threesome said in unison. They were dripping wet. I waved at her. She waved back. "Who's the darling on your shoulders Luke?" She asked pointing to me. "Mum. This is Olivia Bradford. She was abandoned and we thought we would bring her home!" Beau cheerfully said. "Hey guys. Me and skip gotta go. Goodbye Olivia! Bye guys! Bye Mrs Brooks!" Two of the boys walked away. "Boys! You're dripping wet! Go and get a shower and Olivia and I will join you on the dinner table!" She carried me off Luke's shoulders. The boys went in and I helped the lady with the plates. "Darling. Your so kind and hard working. Not like the boys if you know what I mean!" She teased. I chuckled. She carried me off the table and went into her room. She took out a fresh warm towel from the laundry and dried my dark-brown hair. She curled my hair with her curlers. My hair was now beautiful then ever. She opened a cabinet that looked like she never opened it before. In it, were some beautiful dresses. Then I spotted a glittering purple dress that looked just like Cece's! My eyes glimmered at the sight of it. A broad smile creaks its way onto my face. The lady must have see me smiling because she took it and put it on on me. She brought me to a mirror. I looked gorgeous. "Thank you... Uh.." I paused and hesitated. "Mummy!" She said. "Mummy!!" I squealed. I embraced her and she carried me outside. The boys were already there. For some reason, I liked to be carried around. "Aww.. Olivia looks so pretty!" I heard Jai say. I smiled showing my teeth. Mummy put me down and we started dinner.

"Olivia darling, would you please go to the living room while I talk to the boys?" Mummy said. I nodded and penguined my way there.

Not long later, Mummy called me back. I peeped past the wall and ran to her. "Olivia, how would you like to be part of the Brooks family?" She asked carrying me onto her lap. I smiled like a Cheshire Cat. I cupped my hands and covered my face then I opened them again. I couldn't believe it! I'm going to start a new life again!

So that's pretty much what happened. I love Mummy and Jai and Luke and Beau. They are very nice to me. Oh! Mummy is calling for dessert! Yay! Bye Mr. Diary! I love you!

XOXO,

Olivia