1 May 2011

Dear diary,

Mum is getting weaker and weaker. I am worried for her. She kept gasping for air whenever I go in the room. She is bedridden. I sold my favourite doll, Cecelina, today because Mum was running low on antibiotics. We were also running low on food. So now and then, I had to rummage through the rubbish to see what can be eaten. Life is hard when you have so much weight on your shoulders. But I love my mum and I'll do anything for her. Opps. Mums calling. I'll write soon.

XOXO,

Olivia

-----------2 days later-------------

Dear diary,

My life is torn apart. Mums gone. She is gone forever. I'll never see her face again. Mum died when she called me after I wrote the diary entry on top. I stood by her till her last breath. The church people came to take her away. I dressed in my black funeral dress ad headed for the church with the church people. It was only the three of us when we stood in front of Mum's grave. No one else. The church person asked me whether I love with another relative. If not, he will send me to the orphanage. I lied. I told him that I lived with my father. He seemed convinced though. I stayed in the house alone till the next day. A man who looked in his forties knocked on the door. He was dressed in full suit and carrying a brief case. I looked at him, confused. Then, my heart dropped once he spoke. "Icky little girl. BLUEK! Get out of here! Scram! You can't live here forever! Grab your stuff and go. Your house is sold!" He said. Tears filled my eyes. Did life really hate me? I ran upstairs to my room an grabbed everything that belonged to me. I even took a pillow with me. I ran out of the house. Or more like I got pushed out of the house. A couple walked passed me with a disgust look on their face. I could hear them mumble something but I couldn't catch what it was. I bet it was something about me. They walked away quickly into the house. I walked for miles not knowing where I was going. I missed my parents. How the times we spent. After a few miles, I spotted a dark alley and a few cardboard boxes. Instantly, I ran there. I tore the boxes and made a house of cardboards. At least it would do me for the night. Next, I digged in a pile of rubbish to find food. I ate only an apple that is half eaten and not too rotten yesterday. It's raining cats and dogs now. I'm cold. I wish I could feel the warmth of my mother. I laid in my so called bed that I made out of cardboards. I'm going to stop writing today. I'm pretty tired now. Bye Mr. Diary!

XOXO,

Olivia