30 April 2011

Dear diary,

Hello Mr. Diary! I'm Olivia Bradford. I found you lying in a bag of rubbish so i decided to take You in. I'm 5 years old this year. My birthday is on 5 of May. Let me tell you about myself. The day I was born was the happiest day of my parents lives. They were so happy to see me. I was happy that God let me down to earth. My parents always gave me what I wanted and they loved me a lot. I love them too. Something unique about me is that I could read at the age of 1. I was a smart girl. My parents sent me to school when I was at the age of 2. My parents would take me out to theme parks when I was three. It was so fun.

My parents would do anything for me to be happy. But one day, the most terrible thing happened to me when I was 4 or last year. Mum wanted to buy food for dinner one dark night. Dad was still at work so Mum decided that I tagged along. She bought me a barbie doll so that I could play with it while she did grocery shopping. I named my doll Cecelina. Most of the time I call her Cece. I decided that Cece would be my best friend forever and I would not saperate her from me. Mum was pretty quick at shopping! When we got home, Mum told me to sit on the couch while she washed up and prepare for dinner. So I did. I played with Cece's amberish hair. Her gorgeous eyes stinging on me. Her hair falls perfectly. Her dress was at knee length and strapless purple glitter dress. She wore a tiara on her head. She looked like a princess. Her lips were of pink and re- "WHAT THE HECK!" my thoughts were interrupted by the shrieking voice of my mother. I plotted Cece into my handbag and trotted over to my parents room, where Mum was. Mum had tears in her eyes. She looked like she had seen something bad. I jumped up and down to try and see what she was looking at but she kept blocking my view. I guess she didn't want me to see it. She turned to me and kneeled down. "Olivia darling. Go to your room now please. Daddy and I have to talk," Mum spoke. Now more tears were rolling down her cheeks. I had never seen my mother cry before. I didn't like the feeling. Whenever I see my parents cry, I start crying too. I ran to my bedroom and plunged into my bed. I cried. And cried. And cried. I didn't close the room door. I could see the shadow of someone running out of the room. It looked like a lady. Then, I could see Mums shadow go in the room. She closed the door and locked it. All night I could hear muffled screams and slashing. I was scared. More negative thoughts came into my mind. I was afraid if Dad was hitting Mum. I couldn't hear no more so I tried to doze off to sleep.

The next morning, I went out of my room. Usually, I would wake up by being tickled by Dad. Then followed by Mum cleaning the bed while Dad carried me outside. But today, no. I wake up to hear crying and shouting. I went to the door of my parents room. I took a peep inside. I gasped. Mum was covered in bloodstains and was crying. Dad was walking around with only his boxers on. He kept on shouting and shouting. I saw lots of shattered glass on the floor. Soon, Dad packed his suitcase and put some clothes on. I thought Dad was going to work but it was a Saturday. Dad pushed the door opened and I faced him, terrified. He stared at me for a second or two then he went out and slammed the door shut. I ran to my crying mother who is now on the ground, badly hurt. Blood still oozing out of her body. I knew what I had to do. As soon as the ambulance came, the paramadics took her away with me. I had to wait at the waiting lounge while my mother was in.

After what seemed like eternity, the doctor came out. He told me that Mum was severely beaten and now is very weak. We sold the house and now living in an small old shackle that Great Grandpa used to live in. Now, I am still taking care of Mum. I have to. She has done a lot for me and now it's time for me to pay her back. Whatever Dad did to hurt Mum doesn't matter to us anymore. What matters is that we have each other and still living. We may be poor and unhealthy but so long as we have each other means a lot to me. I hope you know me better now Mr. Diary!

XOXO

Olivia