Chapter 10

Trojan High [Monday, 7:25 a.m.]

Boomer was at his locker - taking out some books for his morning classes. He didn't have the energy to feel happy that morning. He sighed as he remembered his talk with his mother during breakfast earlier.

***

The Mojo family were having breakfast together, specifically Boomer and both parents, which was a rare occasion since both parents are usually already up and about and went to work early in the morning. Brick was still sleeping while Butch was out since 5:00 in the morning, jogging before going to school. Boomer woke up early just to catch up with his mother since he missed spending some time with her.

The teens' father - Bruce Mojo was reading the daily newspaper while the mother - Bella Mojo listening to her youngest son, Boomer, talking about an art project he was planning on working with.

Bella listened to her son while eating. Although Boomer knew his mother wasn't really paying much attention and just mindlessly nodded at him, he still kept talking about the art project he was working on.

The blonde woman who was in her mid thirties sighed and stared at her youngest son who was sitting across from her. "Boomer, dear, I know how obsessed you are with art but you need to focus more on your priorities and put those hobbies aside a bit."

Boomer stopped talking and stared at his mother. Hobbies. To him, art was more than just a hobby. It was his passion and he knew that his mother wouldn't understand that.

"But, mom, you know how much I love art. I want to be an artist someday." he smiled, trying to convince his mother.

"An artist? That's absurd. You should start focusing more in business, like your brother Brick. Be a businessman. Or any job that is better than a mere artist."

"There are professional artists out there making good money, mom."

"That may be so, however, those are just lucky people who made ridiculous and nonsense abstract on pieces of paper."

"Well, I don't necessarily have to be an artist. I can be an animator and such."

"And that would still mean focusing in art. Honestly, honey, I want you to have a better future."

"But, if only you could check out this project I've been working on, maybe-"

"That's enough, Boomer. I expect a better attitude from the son that I've raised. And I refuse to listen any more of your excuses"

Boomer went quiet. He knew there was no talking out of his way to his mother. His father who had been quiet and listening to their conversation felt bad for his son. He fake coughed and puts away the newspaper he was reading.

"Bella, I think Boomer is old enough to decide what he wants in the future. I mean, if a man wants something then it means that he knows what's best for himself."

Boomer's eyes lit up at his father. He hoped that it would change his mother's mind.

"That may as well be, but Boomer is hardly an adult right now and he needs our guidance to help guide him."

The raven haired man sighed, "Bella, this is why Boomer is acting the way he is right now. You're shoving too much pressure on his shoulders." He grabbed his mug and drinks his coffee.

"So you're saying that I'm at fault here?"

The father nearly choked on his coffee while Boomer flinched. They could sense something intense in the air.

"No, wait. Honey, that's not what I meant. I-"

"Boomer, sweetie. I think it's time you should go to school."

The woman gave her son a sweet smile but the tense in the air never left. Boomer gulped and stared at his father, who gave him a look that needed his help. Boomer stared at his father with a blank but nervous expression and communicated through his eyes.

'I'm sorry, fallen soldier.'

The blonde teen slowly stood up and walked out of the dining room in silent. His father literally needs to plan a date night with his mother. Even the gods can't help the man this time.