Chapter 9

Mojo Residence [Sunday, 6:00 a.m.]

Ring! Ring! Hey, Butch you sexy son of a gun. Wake up and take a run!

Butch groaned and stretched as he was woken up by the alarm clock on his phone. Even though he used his own voice as an alarm ringtone but it could get pretty annoying for it to repeat over and over again.

"God. I'm starting to hate my own voice." he groggily said.

He grabbed his phone to turn it off. As he checked the time, his eyes squinted and he hissed slightly by the sudden light in his eyes. He yawned and slowly got out of bed and went to the bathroom. He brushed his teeth and washed his face.

The raven head changed his attire with a plain green T-shirt and black tracksuits. He got his running shoes on and walked towards the door while doing warm ups. As he walked in the kitchen, he saw Boomer pouring himself some milk and looked very groggy with his hair up in a very messy bed hair.

"Hey Boom. Morning." Butch grabbed a glass and took out some orange juice. He poured himself some and drank it. He made a face as the sourness hits his taste buds.

"Shit. I forgot I brushed my teeth earlier."

"Ngh...morning Butch. Out on a run?"

Boomer drank his milk and stared at his green eyed brother. There was some milk left on his upper lips but he was still sleepy to bother it at the moment.

Butch finished the rest of his juice in one gulp. "Yep. Going to be out for one and a half hour."

He puts the glass in the sink and he walked out after hearing his brother telling him to be careful. As he was already out of the house, he puts earbuds in his ear and plays his go to music.

Turn Down for What

He then does some more stretches and started jogging out of the Mojo Residence area. He jogged around his neighbourhood and towards the park. There were some people at park. Either jogging, walking their dogs or even a homeless person sleeping on a bench.

He continued his jog for a good 40 minutes and started to do a cooling down.

"Butch?"

He took off one of his ear buds and turned around only to be met with a girl with long wavy blonde hair and wearing yellow fitted tank top which showed a bit of her cleaveage and tights that goes to her calves. She wore black running shoes and she wore make up. The girl smiled at him with her red lipsticked lips showing her row of pearly white teeth.

"Melissa?"

Butch only stared at the girl. 'Damn. In all places to bump into an ex...' He was displeased at the encounter but he didn't show it. He gave her a forced smile.

"How are you, Butch? It's been a while since we last met each other." She tried to hug the raven head male but he took a step back and just looked away slightly.

"Uh..yeah. I'm doing fine. You?"

"Oh..haha..me too."

There was silence between them for a few seconds until it was broken when the girl started to speak.

"So uh...I know we didn't have the best history together and I know I shouldn't have done any of those things to you. I want to apologize and I was hoping that we could catch up over coffee and maybe...even make 'us' work again?"

Butch mentally sighed. He doesn't really want to deal with her so early in the morning. He was about to speak when a familiar female raven head jogged past them. His eyes were glued to her. It was as if everything suddenly moved in slow motion and he stared at her jogging by with her earphones in her ears. She was wearing a green tank top and black tights that reached to her knees and green running shoes. She didn't realize him and he was about to run and catch up to her.