You Are Beautiful

The walls of the ball room, which were obviously not walls, opened. Like doors.

And behind the doors was the gallery. One side featuring the paintings. The other side featuring the photos. Five of my photos.

Everyone began to disperse onto the different sides. I stayed behind and scanned the room for Tom. But he was no where to be seen.

"Ariana!" Lucy screamed with excitement. Flailing her hands in the air.

I laughed quietly to myself. Then walked over to her. "Hey!" I tried to act just as happy as she seemed to be. As if a museum was that fun. I guess it is when there is an open bar.

She came over to me. "I just got a sneak peak of your photos. And I must say, you're going to be pretty impressed."

I smiled. "I can't wait to see them."

"Well, let's go now!" She said with excitement.

I shook my head. "Oh... I'm waiting for someone. But you go ahead! I'll meet up with you."

She nodded. "Okay! See you later!"

Wow. I think my boss was a little drunk. Either that or she was just really excited to see me. Well I'm glad she's having fun.

I continued to scan the room until I saw Tom make his way through a group of people to get to me. I laughed when I saw that he accidentally nudged a woman, causing her to drip some of her champagne on her little white dress. I'm sorry but, you should have seen the look of anger on her face. Priceless.

"Sorry miss." Tom said to the woman, then turned back to me, and laughed under his breath.

I smirked. "Real smooth."

He shrugged. "What can I say? I have a way of pissing people off. I'm surprised you're still my friend."

"I guess I've adjusted." I joked.

He grinned.

"Ms. Harrington!" I head a voice say.

I looked around to see the same older woman that was giving the introduction. Ms. Cynthia Johnson. The major London Art Director. My apparent queen.

I know I should have been nervous. But for some reason, I wasn't. She looked so fragile and non-intimidating. She literally reminded me of my grandmother, god bless her soul.

I smiled at her and shook her fragile little hand. "Hello Ms. Johnson. Its a pleasure to meet you."

"Oh please call me Cynthia. I just came over here to tell you how much I love your work. The photos you take are absolutely spectacular." She said.

I blushed a bit. My Queen liked my work. "Thank you so much!"

"You are welcome...I'll tell you..." She looked around and whispered so that only Tom and I could hear her. "You should own your own photo agency. You'd beat out all of the other ones. Now, don't get me wrong. Lucy is a dear friend of mine. And London Photo agency is very popular. But, with your talents, you should think about starting an agency of your own. Being your own boss. You have what it takes." She finished.

I looked at Tom then back to Cynthia with disbelief. The fact that she was even talking to me, Let alone pushing me to start my own agency. It was honestly, everything I wanted to hear.

"That's always been my dream. I hope that maybe one day, I'll be able to start my own Agency." I smiled. "Thank you for the motivation."

She nodded. "Of course dear." She looked up to Tom. "And who might this be?"