Support

When the sun rose up the next morning, I was immediately reminded about everything that happened last night.

I lay snuggled up on my mother's living room couch. A 27 year old, back living with her mother.

Its crazy how one day, 24 hours, can change your life so drastically. I mean, just yesterday at this exact time, I was giving John a hug and kiss goodbye, before work.

And now, we're done.

After hours of crying to my mother about John, She had fallen asleep on the chair right beside me. She looked so uncomfortable. I felt terrible.

I quietly lead her into her bedroom so that she can get more sleep. She needed it.

I stood in the kitchen, still trying to figure out why. Why break up? Why weren't we worth fixing? Just, why?

I tried to get him out of my mind. I glanced over to the window. The autumn wind blew and a tree branch gently touched the glass. I watched all of the different color leaves, sway in the breeze. I couldn't resist. I had to capture the beautiful scenery.

I grabbed my camera from the counter and snapped a couple quick shots.

"I don't think you can go a day, without taking a picture." My mom said from behind me, obviously surprising me.

I jumped. "And I don't think that you can go a day without scaring me!" I said sarcastically.

She walked over and looked out the same window. "I'll never understand it."

"Understand what?" I asked.

"How you see something so breath- taking, and all I see is a tree." She laughed.

I looked back out the window, at the tree."Everything is beautiful. You just have to look at it, and imagine it... as one of a kind, as special."

She touched her hand to the side of my face. "You are so passionate."

I looked down to my feet. "Apparently passion is not what John wanted."

My mom shook her head. "Ariana you can't keep blaming yourself."

"I don't know who else to blame." I argued.

She sighed. "Do you want me to go and pick up your stuff from his house?" Obviously changing the subject.

I placed my camera back onto the counter. "No, its alright. I can do it. Thanks."

She hugged me. "You're going to get through this Ariana, I know it. Everything happens for a reason."

I hugged her tight. Thinking about what she said. Trying so hard to believe that John broke up with me, for a reason. Like it was a chance for me to have something better. But I just couldn't believe that. Everything I ever wanted, I had. Now, its gone.

-

-

I pulled up to our house. Well, his house. It was no longer mine anymore.

All I could think about were the memories in the house. Like the time he asked me to move in. Like the first meal I cooked for him in our kitchen. Like the way we would lay on the couch for hours, just talking.

I walked up to the door, and took a deep breath before knocking.

I knocked. On my own front door. It felt odd.