What I Did Last Night

I opened my eyes slowly. My first thought was, I'm home, and safely in my bed. That was a good sign. The bad sign is, I don't have a clue of what I did last night.

My head was pounding. I could still taste the whiskey that I drank last night. And my body ached. Hangover at it's finest.

I stretched my arms across the bed. My arm hit Tom in the face and he jumped.

When I saw him, I jumped up and screamed. "What are you doing here?!"

Tom looked at me confused. "Why did you just hit me?"

Tom was in my bed. And I don't know what I did last night. This did not look good. I ignored his question. "Why are you in my bed?! Oh gosh, did we..." I cut off the sentence, assuming that he'd know what I meant by the question.

He sat up. "You mean, did I take advantage of you? No, I didn't. I walked you home last night and as we were sitting on the bed talking, we fell asleep. Nothing else happened."

I sighed with relief. "Oh, thank god."

He looked at me. "Wow, you know that's kind of, an insult to me."

I sat back on to the side of the bed. "I'm sorry, its just-"

Tom interrupted me with his laugh. "No I get it. You don't want to kiss me, you don't want to sleep with me. You don't have to explain."

But I did. He needs to know why I can't do those things. I looked at him. Trying desperately to change the subject. "So, what did I do last night?"

He grinned. "Where do I begin? Well, you basically danced all night, great dancer by the way." He said with a sarcastic tone.

I covered my face in utter embarrassment. I know for sure, that I'm a terrible dancer. "What else did I do?"

He thought for a moment. "Well, you drank a lot of whiskey, danced, and then I took you home and we talked for a few hours."

"We talked, what about?" I asked curiously. I needed to know everything about last night, or at least the important details.

He shrugged. "You asked me a bunch of questions about being an actor. And you told me that I'm a good friend."

I smiled.

"You also said one more thing." He added.

"What?" I said.

He looked into my eyes. "You said, that you hated... John?"

My heart stopped when Tom said John's name. I froze. I didn't know if the nausea I was feeling, was from the hangover, or John's name. "Is that all I said?"

Tom nodded. "That's it."

I took a deep, quiet breath.

"Who is he?" Tom asked bluntly.

I looked everywhere, but to Tom. I couldn't look him in the eyes and lie to him. "He's nobody." I replied.

Tom huffed. "I find that very hard to believe. Ariana, I've told you everything about me. I'm an open book. But you, I know NOTHING about you. Please, just tell me one thing, anything about yourself."

I couldn't. I couldn't say anything. It was as if my tongue was twisted, and the thoughts in my mind were all in a jumbled mess.

I looked over to Tom, he sat across from me, with anticipation. Waiting for me to say something. If only he knew what I was feeling.