Settling In

Okay, so I didn't exactly throw his number away. I kept it on my fridge. Like he said, if I need anything, he could help. I guess I had already made a friend.

I looked around the apartment. My room, the bathroom, the kitchen and the living room. I loved how small it was. And simple.

It was empty though. I didn't even have a bed. I was supposed to get my furniture hours ago. But due to the fact that I got lost, it was a little for late now. I probably missed the delivery guys.

So I guess I was sleeping on the floor tonight. Yay me.

I took a deep breath and stood at the window of my apartment. I got to say, I did have a great view of London. It was a photographer's dream.

As I stared out at the night sky, I remembered that I never called my mom! She is probably going crazy.

I ran to my phone and dialed her number quick.

She answered, and she was angry. "Ariana, what the hell! You had me worried sick! I thought something happened to you!"

"I'm sorry mom. I got lost when I was trying to find my apartment. And I had to get help." I explained.

"How did you get lost!? I told you it was two blocks away from the airport." She said.

I laughed to myself. "I'm an idiot, that's why. I was taking pictures, and I kind of walked 10 blocks the opposite direction of the apartment."

As I explained the story, it made me sound 10x more idiotic than I already thought I was.

Her angry voice was gone and she burst out laughing. "That's the funniest thing I've heard all day!"

I rolled my eyes. "Its not that funny."

"Are you kidding me? Its hilarious!" She continued to laugh. "How do you get lost, when you're two blocks away from your destination!?"

I smiled. She was right. How does one do something like that?

She took a deep breath, and calmed down. "Okay. I'm sorry. I'm done laughing at you."

"Good." I smirked.

She was quiet for a moment. "Wait, did you say that you had to get help from someone."

Oh no. She is going to be angry. My over protective mom is not going to approve of a random man helping me back to my apartment, knowing that I'm alone. And knowing that he now knows where I live.

Yeah, now that I think of it, probably not the greatest idea I've had.

I sighed. "Yeah, a man asked me if I needed help, because I looked lost. So he helped me get home."

She was, not surprisingly, angry again. "Ariana! You don't know this man! What did I say, I told you NOT to talk to strangers."

"Mom, I'm 27! I'm very intelligent. All he did was help me home. My door is locked now, and NOTHING else happened. And, he helped me. If it weren't for him, I would be on some random street right now, still trying to find my way home." I argued.

There was another minute of complete silence. I didn't tell her that he gave me his number, i didn't want to mention that

She sighed. "I'm sorry, its just, you're my little girl. I don't want anything to happen to you."

I understood why she was being protective. She was a mom.

"I know mom, and nothing is going to happen. I promise." I said.