Nightmare

We had spent the next few hours, working on the photos. I showed different filters and effects on my laptop. And taught him how to use them.

Tom was really in to the whole, photo thing. He kept giving me suggestions. "Maybe if you make this photo black and white, and place it next to this one, the contrast would make it look beautiful."

He was good.

It was about eleven o'clock at night when we finally put the whole project thing aside. I was about half way done with the photo project.

"We probably need only one more beautiful attraction, and I'll be finished with my project." I told Tom.

He smiled. "I have just the place in mind. But, its best when you go, in the early morning."

I wondered. "Where? What's the place you have in mind?"

He shook his head. "You'll just have to see when I take you."

I laughed. "Don't you have to get going? Its getting awful late. And if you really want to show me the beautiful place, You may need to get some rest."

He picked up his jacket. "Yeah I'll be on my way."

I followed him to the door, like usual, to say goodbye.

Tom turned around and I almost ran straight into him. He looked down to me. "...but the thing is, I don't know if I'll be here in time tomorrow, If I leave." He said.

I looked at him confused. "What are you hinting at, Tom?"

He shrugged. "Nothing, its just. If I go home tonight, I may not be able to get here in time tomorrow morning, to show you the beautiful place." He added a smile and his eyebrow raised.

He wanted to stay over. I'm not stupid. I knew what he was hinting at. I was a little uneasy about the idea. But, I just had to see this place that he was going to show me.

"Are you blackmailing me?" I asked.

He laughed. "Maybe a little." He played with his jacket. "Look, if you don't want me to show you the place, I'll just be on my way..." He began to slowly walk to the front door.

"Wait!" I stopped him. Damn him and his trickster ways. He really is Loki.

I sighed. "You sleep on the couch. And in the morning, you bring me to the place you told me about."

He smiled. "Deal."

I shook my head and looked at him. "You are cruel."

He laughed. "I have my moments."

-

-

"Okay. Here you go." I handed him an extra blanket and pillow, from my bed. "I'll be in my room. If you need anything, drinks, snacks... don't even ask, even though I may not have much in my kitchen, help yourself to whatever you find. You know where the bathroom is, straight down the hall, and..." I paused, and smiled at him. "Goodnight."

He nodded and gave me that same smile. "Goodnight, Ariana."

I walked away and into my room. I kept the door open a crack. So he wouldn't feel like I was completely shutting him out. I'm pretty sure he had a good understanding that, I didn't want him in my room. He wasn't an idiot.

As uneasy as I was, I had a long day. And I wasn't worried about Tom enough to keep me awake for long. Once my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light.