Part 23: Faithful Friends

(C.U)

The Rolls-Royce drove up into the Batcave. Bruce exited the car and went straight to his computer to check on the bug he'd left in Stern's office. He pulled up the link on screen, which gave him audio as well as sonar imaging of the office. Bruce fast forwarded to the moment he and Selina left.

As soon as the guests had left, a panel had slid open, and a woman stepped out.

"I'm afraid that Selina Kyle will be trouble."

"We've come too far to have our plans jeopardized by some environmental fanatic. Have someone keep an eye on Mizz Kyle."

"As you wish, m'lady." Bruce agreed and sent a teammate to keep watch on Selina.

Satisfied with having covered Selina, Batman decides you focus on his other mission: hunting down Red Claw.

He'd already busted into a meeting of bosses and chosen his informant. He was due to meet Neil for information.

Waking under the bridge in the cold, December night, mob boss Neil was patting down his perspiration as he looked around the park for his contact.

"I head you have intel for me," a voice asked from the shadows.

"Th-there's rumors, of a train heist."

"When?"

"Tonight."

"Red Claw?"

"Don't know, but it's real sketchy. Ain't no one from inside, that's for sure."

The police commissioner couldn't confirm the intel.

"What if it was a military transport?" Batman asked him.

"I'll call up. Blasted feds."

Batman looked through his own resources as Gordon argued with the general.

"What do I do? Evacuate 10 million people?"

A stolen plague unit would suggest that.

"Maybe we can set up camp around the Pentagon."

Batman smiled at the thought of that.

He was just about to suggest a plan when he got a call.

"You were right! Some guys broke into the penthouse."

"You got them, I'm sure."

"Like you even have to ask. The secretary's pretty shook, but your girlfriend's not here."

Bruce sighed, annoyed with Selina's involvement and Dick's snippets.

"I know where she is," Batman drawled and hung up. A second later, he was out the window.

Catwoman whipped herself to the rooftop of Stern's office, remembering that the ceiling to his office was made of glass. Her claws cut out a hole and in she slipped.

This time around, she noticed a baby grand in the opposite end of the room; odd for an office space.

Catwoman approached the piano and lowered her high tech goggles to her eyes. There were worn down fingerprints on some keys, and art fanatic Selina Kyle easily recognized the pattern.