Part 12: Rabbit's Foot* (subject sensitive)

(Present)

This is not the forewarned chapter, but I ended up writing this part tonight, so here it is.
Warning, it's subject sensitive, please be mature.

👶🏼 👶🏼 👶🏼

The nondescript Honda Civic pulled into the empty parking lot of the clinic. Selina knew probably why no one else was there, but still she shrugged, happily unaware, and stepped out of the car. Bruce offered his arm and she tucked her hand in his elbow gap.

They both needed a lot of each other's support today. Obviously, they knew what was possibly wrong with them, given the kind of life they both lived. But still, they needed a doctor's opinion of exactly how messed up they were.

Selina was surprised to see people walking around in the building, seeing as their car was the only one in the parking lot. Bruce noticed her tension and gave her hand a squeeze.

"Relax. There's only essential clinical staff in this building right now. No one else comes in till we're done and gone."

"Thank you," Selina whispered with a smile and kissed him on the cheek.

The receptionist received them with a big smile.

"Mr. Wayne. Ma'am. We've got your emailed instructions and everything is set up to your wishes." The receptionist rambled as she walked them down the hall. "Now, boys and girls have different tests in different rooms, but you'll of course come together for the family consultation. Sir, if you could take the room on your left, and Mrs. Wayne you're on the right."

Neither of the rooms were manned but tests and instructions were laid out. It was mostly machine work to avoid human error. For the other tests, their primary fertility physician, Dr. Ledger visited each in turn to administer the tests and scans they couldn't do themselves.

She also asked them individually personal questions needed for the report. Their tests samples were labeled anonymously so whichever technician handled them, wouldn't know it was for the Waynes. With their individual tests done, they put on their proper clothes and exited the exam rooms.

Bruce was out before Selina was, and he waited for her in the hallway. When she came out, Selina gave a bashful smile and a sigh of relief and tucked herself in Bruce's hug.

"That wasn't so bad," said Bruce Wayne, the most intimidating man in Gotham, with or without the cowl.

Selina scoffed a laugh and pulled back, her arms still wrapped around his torso.

"Says the man who had to do it in a cup!"

Bruce laughed aloud.

"I would've rather it'd been you," he winked.

"So would I." She quipped back and he kissed her head.

"Breakfast?" He asked and already began walking to the cafeteria.

"Dear GOD I want coffee more than I want you right now!"

"Alright! Let's get you coffee."

Coffee of course is not the best thing for jitters, Alfred could have (profusely) told her that. Selina wanted to talk about the possible test results but Bruce didn't let her. Instead he talked about everything else but.

They only returned to the topic when the intercom announced that Dr. Ledger was ready. Since they were the only patients in the entire clinic, the call was obviously for them, so no names were said.

The coffee came with.

Dr. Ledger was waiting at her table for them when they came in.

"Ah, please come in, have a seat. Finally get to eat something?"