37: Jason Wayne

Family

Christmas was at the Wayne's that year. Not a publicized, media covered event. A private, intimate party for their son to get to know people who mattered. The newspaper dad from Kansas wasn't so cool until he took off his glasses. Jason took Jon to the boys suite for a minute or two during the party. They were having fun at the hoops until the CSU guy joined and gave them a... run for their money. However, it was the myth princess who really took Jason to heart.

Brother

Bruce and Selina had gone out of country for some insignificant reason, and Jason was left home alone with Alfred. Bruce had left specific instructions to not let Robin out alone. As much as Jay loved learning, school was getting tedious and he was getting irritated. His grandfather didn't know how to motivate him, so he decided to call in a favor.

Dick was much obliged to come in and spend time with the new kid. After showing Jay a few of his old tricks around the house, the boys decided to make new tricks together. They dressed up in there nighttime outfits and took dad's other car out for a joy ride. Nightwing and Robin even took joy in rescuing a little boy from wannabe kidnappers... until things went a little out of hand and the night had to end as it began; in a lesson.

But brothers kept each other's secrets.

Grandson

At Wayne Manor, it was custom that Alfred took care of everyone, but spring fever hit hard that year. At first Alfred tried to cover it up, but the symptoms got worse. Bruce noticed, but so had his son. After hearing him sneeze for the third time in a row, Jason put down his homework and forced Alfred onto the sofa. He promised the old man to not run away while he went and got a thermometer. Bruce and Selina just smiled at each other as they watched Jason run around the house fetching blankets and medicine and whatnot.

Each day before and after school for a whole week, Jay checked in on Alfred to make sure he had his medicine and was staying in bed. In the morning he would give special instructions to the cook to give Alfred proper meals. In the afternoon, he would wash up and change in his room before running down to take care of Alfred himself.

One day when Jay had come back from basketball, he found Alfred waiting for him in the dining room, pink of health. In gratitude for taking care of him, Alfred had made all of Jason's favorites.

Son

In such a short time, Jason had made a big place in Bruce's heart. His own father would have been envious of how much he doted on Jay. He gave the boy anything he wanted, most especially, his time. Bruce didn't even go on patrol one time when Jason was sick.

Selina was a different story. Jason appreciated her, but walked on eggshells. His past experience with a mother had been terrible, and he didn't want to get his hopes up. Selina did spend time with him every opportunity she got, involving him in her work and playing along with his interests. They even had some mischief behind Batman's back. Slowly but surely, they knit a close relationship.