Part 17. Here's Looking At You

(Present)

Mrs. Wayne exited the plane to head straight into the Lincoln waiting on the tarmac. Soon as she was sat, the car rolled off without waiting for her luggage. As her thousandth call to her husband and house phones went to voicemail, Selina broke into a sweat. She could've gotten home faster as Catwoman, but she was stuck in this tinted car with hired muscle.

20 minutes passed, and if she kept on tapping her fingers any longer, there would be holes in the handrest. The car rounded the hill and Selina could see media vans lined bumper to bumper down the road. Thankfully, the car windows were tinted and the gates were barred with extra security guards. Her vehicle stopped at the check in and the guard took a peak in before waving them through.

They were close to the front entrance, and the car was still at at least 5mph when Selina broke and ran out of the car. Lawyers, police, and publicists crowded the lobby, and they all stopped and stared when Mrs. Wayne came huffing home. Selina ran past them, ushered by her assistant, to the family lounge where she could spot her husband from a mile away.

"Bruce!" Selina called out as she ran to him, catching his attention.

He met her halfway and grabbed her face for a kiss. He kissed her as if it were his first gasp of breath for that day.

"Oh, my GOD honey you're scaring me!"

Bruce held on to her as they walked to the couch, and his wife could tell he was in the mood to kill. He din't start talking till minutes in, and Selina pulled her hand out from his grasp -before it turned blue- and brushed it through his hair.

"What's going on, babe?"

"I, had an explosive episode at work today."

"Mom and dad?"

"It was concerning you, actually."

"Me?" Again?! Selina's attention was distracted for a minute before Bruce passed over a tablet with the day's headline:

Wayne Married to a WENCH?!
Ryker accuses Mrs. Wayne while standing IN Wayne Enterprise!

Selina's eyes grew marbles! WTF!? She'd maybe guess that someone had figured out she was Catwoman; in no way was she expecting this! How could they know?! She'd always been careful about her past; only maybe 4 people knew about it, and NONE of them were Bruce, her HUSBAND!

"Wh- where did they get this stuff?!" Selina asked, still looking at the tablet in bewilderment.

Her shock was nothing compared to her husband's.

"Wha... 'where did they get this stuff'?! That's your worry? This... there's truth to this? Why is this the first time I'm hearing this?"

"In your defense, only Maggie and Lee know about this."

"Selina! I used to be an assassin! Well enough to be the heir!"

"This is worse than murder for me, okay? I've admitted about a lot of my past also, but this? There is no way for me to look past this! How would you love me knowing that, that there's truth to this! Would you have married me? Would you have even looked at m..."

Bruce shut her up with a kiss, answering her questions. He pulled back smiling, twisting the wedding ring on her finger.

"I have been looking at you long before I even knew how important you were to me. If I'm alive, it's thanks to you, in more meanings than one. Selina, you should have told me!"

"I'm not even going to tell you anything now. Except, that there's some truth to all this."

Bruce sighed, accepting her need.