Part 8: It's a crime

(Present)

Even though it was longer, Selina took the route around Gotham city to get home. When you're driving an Acura NSX, it isn't a smart idea to drive through one of the most dangerous cities in America. The drive went by quick, thanks to her super car going 75 mph, but especially since she spent her time drawing sketches in her mind or picking names for her future kids.

Selina was wholly tired by the time she parked in the garage. As she swung her heels in her hand, the cool marble were heaven sent for her throbbing feet. Swinging around town was less painful. She walked into the kitchen for a cold glass of water, and as she drank leaning against the black quartz countertops, her eyes fell on her Michael Kors purse as it laid on the table.

Teasing her.

Reminding her of what it held and what she planned to do. Selina wiped her cunning smirk off as she wiped her mouth dry, then grabbed her purse and ran to the powder room for a quick fresh up. Less makeup, less clothes, but definitely more sex appeal. Alfred was staying out tonight, his day off after a big party, and the help was done for the day. So she had no problem sneaking down to the activity room.

The computer got a notification any time someone tried to enter the cave, and she was sure her entrance was marked, but she hoped that he would be busy enough that she could catch him off guard. Selina found Bruce leaning on his desk, chin on hand, deeply lost in concentration. She adored his flustered face; it made him look human.

With the box behind her back, she theater walked over to him. Bruce shifted his arms and leaned back into the chair, letting her crawl into his lap while his gaze never left the screen. Selina wanted to cuddle up against his chest and fall asleep, but she was on a mission. She kissed under his jaw, reminding him that she was there, and he responded by closing his eyes and resting his hand on the curve of her sides.

"How was your day?" he asked, still changing the computer screens.

"Sweet and sour," Selina distantly replied as she played with his stubble.

"I wonder which part was I?" Bruce stroked her back, remembering his earlier demeanor, or miss of it, rather.

"Both, actually. And in that order particularly,"

Bruce paused, attention full directed to his wife.

"I remember the sour, which I am sorry for, by the way. What are you talking about?"

"Oh?" Selina feigned awe. "So you take no responsibility for this?" she asked, twirling the shiny blue box for him to see.

Bruce raised his brows, as all first time husbands are bound to. Was this a trick question?

"What is it, kitten?" he genuinely asked, taking the box.

"Seriously, stop. It's ruining the mood," Selina pouted, making sure he acknowledged her bare legs.

Bruce swallowed first.

"Believe me, I don't wanna do that." He skimmed her legs to emphasize his point. "But I honestly don't know what this is."

Selina heaved a sigh and sat up, straddling him as he watched her like an amused child.

"Ehm," she cleared her throat, "you wanted to know why cats like bells. Well, exhibit..." Selina pulled the lid away and Bruce straightened his spine, all amusement flushed out him in an instant. He grabbed her wrist bruisingly tight before Selina could touch the anklet. The same anklet that she had wanted last night. The same anklet a woman was killed for this morning.

"Where did you get this?" Batman asked, not caring for how he sounded.

Selina winced in pain, twisting her injured wrist in her other hand.

"It was in the mail at the apartment. This really wasn't you?" The look on her face told him she was more upset about something else.

With a foreshadowing sigh, Bruce took the box and put it on the desk behind her. His hands intentionally scraped her back before coming back to cup her face.

"Selina, some old lady upstate bought the anklet between last night and this morning. I was coming back from her apartment when you saw me. Babe, the woman was murdered in her house, and the scene was an overdone attempt of a catfight."

"You mean someone framed Catwoman for murder?"

"Mhmm, and over the anklet Selina Kyle wanted." He dragged a clasped hand on either of her thighs.

"Anything special about this chain?" Selina said looking back at the anklet still in its box.

Bruce dejectedly ran a knuckle down her neck.

"That's not the concern, babe."

Selina exasperated at her husband's nonexistent sense of humor. Opposites DEFINITELY attract in THIS relationship. She crossed her wrists behind Bruce's head.

"So, not only does this person know I'm Catwoman, they also knew I wanted the anklet."

"Anyone you remember telling?" He'd trained for years under Ra's al-Ghul, he could hold his own when Gotham's siren straddled him. Couldn't he?

"You," She bumped her forehead to his in the case he didn't know who she meant.

"Lee. Jenny." Selina listed off the two names with much difficulty, staring at the cave roof for help remembering.

"Oh! Maybe my thugs for hire!" she sparked, proudly remembering her mischief from the night before.

"You know," she dragged her words as she swung around his neck.
He knew.
"I got them beat up by the Batman."

"I do know that, kitten. And I don't think they were too happy with you." Bruce bumped her nose as if he were chiding a child. The next second, his own words finally struck his mind.

He didn't have to say anything for her to swing around to his back, a move more suited for a bike, and she watched him intently working on his giant computer. He tapped into the GCPD's electronic log for the arrests made last night.

Nightwing appeared to have made the later arrests while Batman checked in earlier, with the burglars from the jewelry bank, who were still in jail.

Much to both of their reliefs. Especially hers.

Once he was somewhat satisfied -Mrs. Batman knew what it took for her husband to drop the case- Selina dug her chin into his shoulder, her mouth behind his ear.

"Let's celebrate?" her fingers danced on his lower abdomen, letting him know exactly how she wanted to accomplish that.

Bruce turned his face toward her, his eyebrow perched over playfully questioning eyes.Who was he to say no?

"You're being framed for murder right now?" he reminded, intentionally delaying her.

"Yeah see? That's the more reason why we should hit it up now! Before I end up in jail," you never take a man's chance away.

Bruce stood up, holding Selina piggy back.

"Not gonna happen," he vaguely teased, obviously meaning the latter.

"Which part?" she asked, biting the cartilage on his ear. Bruce caved his head toward the bitten ear and swung her forward, holding his wife bridal style.

"Don't be too curious," he played on her ego and halted further conversation with a kiss their future kids would be too embarrassed to see. With closed eyes, he walked his way to the bed where he'd (not) first felt Selina without clothes. His knees landed on the bed first, gently lowering his bride on to the bed while his hand reached out to turn off some lights and turn the others on, which would let any visitors know that the cave was currently occupied.