Part 1: Cruel Intentions

(Present)

Catwoman, Gotham's most wanted thief, had just ran a successful robbery with her "gang for hire", and was now perched on a pipe running on the ceiling of a parking lot. She rested, hidden in the dark, and smirked as she watched her men lose their wits to the Batman.

He was hovering over his last victim when she decided to jump down behind him. He turned and faced her, standing in his usual stance: shoulders broad, feet spread wide and head held high, despite the weariness.

"Catwoman," he said briskly.

"Oh don't be so surprised!" She pouted.

"You knew it was me. It's always me behind robberies this big."

He stepped towards her but she cartwheeled back and held up a taunting finger.

"Un un un! You don't have time to fight me tonight."

"When do I ever not have time to catch criminals. I'm the batman."

"Trruue. But tonight, you're just a hi-fi bodyguard!"

"I'm not for hire," he made his point as he stepped closer to her again.

"Apparently Bruce Wayne has the money to buy you!" She said as she turned and walked away from him.

Batman stopped in his tracks, brows raised behind the cowl.

"Excuse me?"

"What?! It's a fancy party. An expensive, A-list party." She spun back around, mouth open in surprise as if an idea just came to her.

"You know what? You might even see me there!" She laughed at him.

"Selina!" He angrily scolded her.

"Hush!" She put up her finger again.
"You're getting late. And you'll get him late. Wouldn't it be lovely to see how Wayne will explain this to his girlfriend!" She teased him and turned away again, knowing he had no option but to leave.

"Fine," he grumbled and disappeared into the night.

OoOoOoOoOoO

Bruce Wayne emerged from the family game room fixing his tie as Alfred stood outside the door, ready with the suit jacket draped over his arm.

"Everything running fine so far, Alfred?" He asked as he buttoned up the vest.

"Yes, master Bruce. But some of the guests are a bit edgy, given the incident at your birthday, sir." Alfred reminded him of the fire that had burned down the mansion a couple years ago.

Bruce chuckled.

"I'll hand it to them." He swung on his jacket. "Seen her, yet?"

"Not yet, sir." Alfred said coolly, clasping his hands behind his back.

"I'll take a walk around, just in case."
"Of course, sir. I'll inform Lucius Fox that you've returned.

Bruce scanned his house, floor by floor, room by room, and avoiding guests as he did. Some rooms were dark, some rooms had their windows open, with the wind blowing in the curtains, but no sign of her. And some rooms were, ehm, occupied.