Chapter 27

Gentle Predator 27

It felt as if it was forever Noah has been running, and it didn't look like he was planning to stop either. All the while I was riding on his back my mind kept drifting off to all that have happened today. A lot of things have actually happened today. For one it starts with the whole thing between Jessie and Alyson. I hope that she was alright and I hope that she will make it. Jessie on the other hand did not have such a promising fate. She was dead. I guess it was a good thing that she was because she was about to kill Alyson. Yet, I can't find it in myself to be happy that she was. I considered her my friend, and all these things she did to me were her way of protecting me. It was an odd way, but she wanted to bite me to turn me into a wolf. If I was a wolf then that would leave the others no reason to attack me. I understood her crazy tactics and I understood why she did it. Jessie did not deserve to die like this. Not by the hands of those humans.

Speaking of which, I understood their reason for attacking the wolves as well. I do not know the full story, but from what I heard the wolves killed off a great amount of humans that were living here. The others were forced to never step foot on pack territory unless they wanted to die. I get why Nick and his friends wanted revenge, but still these are my friends. Most of them may not like me in this pack, but at least I had a few that cared about me. Alyson risked her life trying to save me from Jessie. The twins left with Noah so I'm sure they were out there protecting the pack as well. And no matter how much he tries to play it off, I know that Dylan cares about me. I can't count how many times he has saved me in the pass. If he didn't care then he wouldn't have. I'm already a human, so keeping me here would just be a great burden on him. Yet he let me stayed and he protected me. They all tried to protect me, so now it was time for me to protect them. I will do whatever it takes to try and help my friends survive this battle that is about to start.

I have a strange feeling this is more than just the humans wanting revenge. It hit me when that wolf started attacking the other wolves. That was something that was puzzling to me. And why did Dylan wanted me gone so suddenly? There was just something wrong with this whole picture. Let us not forget that name Nick said earlier today. Alycia? The name rang a bell, but I did not know which bell was ringing. Could it be that I'm Alycia? Is that my real name? If it is then who is she and why can't I remember her at all. And why does Nick know who I am? Is he someone from my past as well, but he refuses to tell me? My mind then went off to when I met that guy at the mall. He said I looked like his girlfriend, but she was dead.

Could it be that I am... It is impossible.

There is no way that I can be his girlfriend when I can't even remember not the smallest detail about him. Isn't that how losing your memory works? When you see someone or something in your past it feels like déjà vu? Oh this is all so confusing. I just wanted this whole day to end. Better yet I wish it had never happened and things went back to normal. I sighed leaning against Noah's back clutching the fur around his neck tighter in my hands. He raised his heavy head to take a glance at me before turning back ahead as he slowed down his running. I looked in the distance as well and noticed that we were coming close to the pack house. From here I could see that there were two wolves standing in the front yard walking around as if on portal. The moment the saw Noah and I, their bodies went stiff but didn't look like they were going to attack us. In fact, they met us half way and walked us to the house.

When we reached in front of the house, Noah bent down and shook himself, motioning for me to get off. I quickly jumped off his back to only be licked by one of the wolf that was there. It was the copper one to my right. I turned around almost scared, but noticed the playful look in his eyes. The wolf began to prance around me. His wet nose would softly hit against my arm or my stomach as he circled me. I was a bit confused by how playful it was, but I could not help the smile that formed on my face.