Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The loud waterfall was the only thing I could have heard. It was if I wasn't screaming at all. The noise that left my throat was nothing compare to the one that was around me.

Death was the only thing that ran through my head as I kept on falling, and falling. Time seems as if it just stopped. I was falling but it did not feel as if I was. Gravity around me appeared to have stopped working and I was now just floating.

The black figure that ran into me was nowhere to be found. I barley even got time to see what the thing looked like. I did in fact felt its soft fur before it practically pushed me over the edge. I didn't know I was so close to the waterfall. If only I listened to Dawn maybe I wouldn't be in this situation. I admit I was wrong and should have took her advice.

Stupid me

Now I'm just waiting for my death. There is nothing else I can do but wait...

Something was choking me.

It's as if someone stuffed something into my mouth and blocked it from coming back up. I tried to take in some air, but nothing was coming in or out. I tried harder again and I sadly got the same result as the first try. I began to panic and I feel my chance of surviving to be a very low.

With a few more tries, I figured I should just stay here and die. Nothing was working and my body wasn't responding.

No...

I cannot die...

I will not die!

I have too much things to do before I die. I have things to see and people to know. It would be a waste to throw my life away.

Once again I tried my best to fight with life. I took in air in hopes that something will past. Nothing happened so I tried again. By the fifth time I tried, finally I felt some air passed through my lungs. My hope raised as I took in another deep breath and more air began to pass though.

I suddenly began gasping for air as water came rushing up my throat and through my mouth. My body jerked forward as I coughed the water out.

What happened to me?

Why am I here and why the hell am I choking?

I coughed some more until my throat was clear and All the water was home. Finally I dared myself to open my eyes. Slowly I lift my lids to welcome the sun that shined above me. The burning light made me feel like I have been staring at it for a whole hour now.

Where the hell am I?

I quickly turned from my back to my sides to look at the scenery around me. I looked around with wary eyes and noticed all the trees and bushes that were surrounding me. Sitting forward, I noticed right in front of me was a small lake. Did I come from the lake? I stared down at my wet clothes then back at the river. How did I get wet?

Am I a mermaid?

That's the only logical thing I could think of. Who in there right mind would randomly go into the lake for no reason? It seems like I was that crazy person.

But how did I get out?

I flinched rubbing my temple. Damn, my head hurts from all the thinking. The bright sun wasn't helping me either.

With a deep breath, I began to stand from my sitting position. My body began to hurt but I didn't let that stop me. I can't just sit here and do nothing.

When I got to my feet, I looked around and tried to make out where I could have came from. After a while, I got frustrated and just started walking. I didn't know where the hell I am going but I'm sure I will eventually get somewhere. I might even meet some campers that can help me get out of her.