Chapter 26

Chapter 26

"What do you mean by a lot of humans?" I asked taking a step closer towards her. Jessie remained stiff as she sniffed the air once again. A growl left her lips as she glared into the distance, completely different from how she was once before. I wanted to ask her a question, but I didn't know what kind of mood Jessie was in. These wolves go crazy around humans and I'm the closest one to her. Therefore I kept my distance and followed that voice that was in my head.

That moment there was suddenly footsteps behind of me. I quickly turned around and noticed that Noah and Eric were coming from the direction I once was. I could feel the anger rolling off of him and I could tell that he felt the same way Jessie did. It was either that or he was angry at the thought that I was so close to her. The moment he reached me words did not left his lips. Instead he pushed me behind of him by the waist, and let out a snarl after the girl in front of us.

"What are you doing here?" He snapped at Jessie glaring at her turned back. The girl turned around out of her trance, to realize we have guest. She raised her brow looking at Noah then over to Eric before looking back at the door.

"I am not the problem here." She calmly said folding her hands over her chest. "I am sure you can smell the same thing I am."

"That does not answer my question. What the hell are you doing here?"

"You don't have to be so overprotective, Noah. If I wanted to kill her I would've done it the 10 minutes we were standing here. There is something more important."

I noticed that he became a little tense but not enough to let his guard down. I guess Jessie wasn't lying when she mentioned the humans. It was now my time to talk. I stepped from behind of Noah to stand between the both of them. I noticed Noah's eyes trailing to where the other wolf was looking at. It was becoming frustrating that I was the only one who didn't know what was happening. It frustrates me when I am the only one left out. I let out a soft growl of my own sharply turning towards Noah.

"Tell me what's going on?" I asked him placing my hands against his shoulders. Noah looked down at me confused, as if he forgot that I was there. I watched as he took a deep breath but I didn't let it go. I wanted to know.

"There are humans on pack territory." He simply replied clenching and unclenching his jaw over and over.

"Why, I thought humans weren't welcomed?"

"They are not." Jessie replied turning to face us once again. "I can feel them. They are not too far from the school which means they just crossed the treaty line."

"What do they want?"

"What all humans want - power." I turned to Noah to see the same strained expression on his face and this intensity in his eyes. I even swore that I saw it was turning black. Usually when he gets like this it has something to do with his wolf. I forgot what he told me but it wasn't something good.

"I have to go." He suddenly muttered. Those dark eyes of his trailed towards mine. He smiled but I knew it was fake. "Where are you going?" I asked. "Dylan is calling for me and I have to go."

"But the people that just-"

"I'll be fine, and so will you if you stay here."

I opened my mouth to talk again but he quickly placed a kiss on my cheeks shutting me up. His lips then went to my lips for a quick yet lovely kiss. I pulled away blushing knowing that there were others around us. Why does he have to be so damn bold? I sighed in content letting a small smile form on my face. That very moment I noticed other people was coming towards us as well. When I focused my eyes I noticed it was the twins and Alyson, and boy does she looks angry. The moment her eyes locked with Jessie, she growled at attempted to attack her, but Liam held unto her waist in time.